Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's this guy...

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

I spotted a guy on shop street a few times last week and again today and im baffled as to his attire..surely some of ye have seen him too..a short fella(not KD dimensions),im guessing around his early to mid twenties,big bushy beard(brown),wearing a beige robe kind of thing,a bundle on his back and most notably,a stick..in my opinion,and to further the description,a cross between a short moses and a hobbit..anyone know who he is??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I spotted a guy on shop street a few times last week and again today and im baffled as to his attire..surely some of ye have seen him too..a short fella(not KD dimensions),im guessing around his early to mid twenties,big bushy beard(brown),wearing a beige robe kind of thing,a bundle on his back and most notably,a stick..in my opinion,and to further the description,a cross between a short moses and a hobbit..anyone know who he is??

You should know... he's just to the left of your post hanging around under your name!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It does fit the description of a Jawa. Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well spotted i never noticed..well picture my avatar but with the hood down, big beard and a lighter coloured robe thing..ive no pic to post but i saw someone taking a photo of him unbeknown to him as he was chatting to someone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

get a pic and come back to us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    get a pic and come back to us

I don't think the mod's like pics of random galway people on their board :(

• Advertisement

I don't think the mod's like pics of random galway people on their board :(
    Not after the McLovin incident anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Sherifu wrote: »
    Not after the McLovin incident anyway.

found the thread and google cache is up to date so anychance someone can pm me glaway mclovin. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mooch

Hey, i saw him too,
    I think he looks more like this though...(without the sword)
    gandalf.jpg
    Is he promoting Cuirt or some such artsy thing?

found the thread and google cache is up to date so anychance someone can pm me glaway mclovin. lol

Unfortunately he slipped out of my cache at the time like a theif in the night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

How short?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

if it helps, he looked like mc lovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

The McLovin post wasn't very fair to the fella in question...if somebody to a picture of me at work without my consent and put it on here I wouldn't like it...but for the likes of KD its just HIlarious!..he's like Britney Spears in that cus of his celebrity status we own him! Huzzah for Sheamus!

Wompa1 wrote: »
    The McLovin post wasn't very fair to the fella in question...if somebody to a picture of me at work without my consent and put it on here I wouldn't like it...but for the likes of KD its just HIlarious!..he's like Britney Spears in that cus of his celebrity status we own him! Huzzah for Sheamus!
    I fail to see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Wompa1 wrote: »

Surely i wasnt the first person to notice this, im sure he knows he looks like mcLovin at this stage. Would anything have been said if i put up a picture saying he looked like brad pitt?

EDIT: Other than he didnt look like brad pitt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Think it is some aussie or NZ guy or some dude from fansci.

Surely i wasnt the first person to notice this, im sure he knows he looks like mcLovin at this stage. Would anything have been said if i put up a picture saying he looked like brad pitt?

EDIT: Other than he didnt look like brad pitt
    It wasn't fair to put the guy's picture up on the net no matter who you said he looked like imo.

A McLovin webpage, lmao.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Dont think he is a fansci guy..glad someone else spotted him, was beginning to worry i was seeing things..yup he looks like that lego nam with a stick of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bonbon12

Think the same guy was in Sallys last Thursday. He was going around doing magic tricks and being generally weird/annoying.

I saw him on Wednesday, actually. Huge bushy hair and a beard to match. Standing outside Anthony Ryans doing card tricks for the secondary school feckwits that were passing by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Speaking of famous people on Shop st, well thay are probably now infamous has anybody ever seen this guy who always wears black, black boots,jeans,trench coat leather jacket and well i would say black cowboy hat but its more or less like a witches hat! Anybody ever seen him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Met bushy beard man the other day, he said his name is Merlin!! He's from South Carolina and he wants to live here because it feels like home to him. He's a tad bit loopy but nice and he loves to show people magic tricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Ya i saw him yesterday evening around the Kings Head. He was gng up to randomers just doing card tricks. People were calling him moses!!!

There was an old enough guy playing music outside the Kings Head yesterday around 6. He was singing in a cross between english and jiberish but he was brilliant. Very funny. Anyone else spot him??

s_carnage wrote: »
    Ya i saw him yesterday evening around the Kings Head. He was gng up to randomers just doing card tricks. People were calling him moses!!!

There was an old enough guy playing music outside the Kings Head yesterday around 6. He was singing in a cross between english and jiberish but he was brilliant. Very funny. Anyone else spot him??

I think he's Easter European and is singing in said language. I'm not entirely sure which language, though. Does he wear a cowboy-type hat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

I know who you're talking about, he came up to me and my friends as we were walking down Shop St opposite the musical instruments shop. He said to us "Here lads, did you know I'm the only person in Galway that knows magic?". I said "by the look of you, yes. Now watch us disappear" (razor sharp wit, I know) and we went to Subway.

He looks too well kept to me a madman or a homeless guy, I think he's just a street entertainer. If I see him again I'll ask to see some magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Its jesus, Duh! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I think he's Easter European and is singing in said language. I'm not entirely sure which language, though. Does he wear a cowboy-type hat?

Ya he'd a coyboy hat on alright. Think he was singing Irish songs in a different language becaause every we'd recognise the chorus of the songs. He seemed to be making a mint!!!!

It's funny how Sunday evening i spotted these two people discussed above and also the joke guy. He is supposed to be barred from nearly all the pubs cos he just wanders in and tells a couple of jokes (all the same) and then he gets kicked out and then off to the next pub with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Steyr wrote: »
    Speaking of famous people on Shop st, well thay are probably now infamous has anybody ever seen this guy who always wears black, black boots,jeans,trench coat leather jacket and well i would say black cowboy hat but its more or less like a witches hat! Anybody ever seen him?

Used he come into your workplace up to a couple of weeks ago? I think it might be someone I used to live with. How tall is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Have seen this 'Merlin' character around a lot over the past few weeks. Seems like a bit of a prick, saw him giving out to some old guy, "what the **** are you looking at dude??" etc.

He's filthy as well, wonder if he's homeless?

The lad who busks with the hole in his guitar and the cowboy gear is Polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I saw that lad last week on abbeygate st. I didn't know what to make of him.
    I'd say he's just another loop the loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Me and a couple of friends were out last Sunday night and we met this guy on shop street. One of the lads asked him for a go of his 'stick', He lost the head and started saying it was religious and that he was on a religious pilgrimage. I have to say 'lord of the rings' came to mind as soon as i seen the guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement