Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's this guy...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 delo18

Met him aswell on Shop street said he originally came over to see the Hill of Tara and has been travelling around ever since, only arrived in Galway about a week ago. Seems like a nice enough chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

He does seem completely out of place, which really is quite something on the streets of Galway, where it often seems anything goes...a cross bewteen Moses and a hobbit was my original description, and it seems that is exactly what he is..with terrible magic tricks and a foul mouth obviously..I'll be on the lookout this week:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Wow this guy sounds like a total ledge bag already! I wonder what KD thinks about all this!?

m83 wrote: »
    Wow this guy sounds like a total ledge bag already! I wonder what KD thinks about all this!?

They're about the same height, so it would certainly make for an interesting fight.

I can't believe it but I saw this guy in town, we walked towards eachother and he said "hey buuuuuuddy", my life it seems is changed forever! I must study this strange beast for the benefit of all mankind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

yep. i seen the guy with the stick.
    damn crusty attracting Galway

Hahaha I saw him again today and get this... he has a follower! Some nerdy looking guy dressed in black and carrying.. wait for it... another stick! Flupin roflcopters!!! Man I love this guy! Definitely goin drinkin with him some night!

m83 wrote: »
    Hahaha I saw him again today and get this... he has a follower! Some nerdy looking guy dressed in black and carrying.. wait for it... another stick! Flupin roflcopters!!! Man I love this guy! Definitely goin drinkin with him some night!

did the nerdy looking guy have one of the big fluffy russian hats on?

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    did the nerdy looking guy have one of the big fluffy russian hats on?

Yes Ive seen this chap about too! Galway really is full of them eh! My friend met the 'Wizard' as he's known as in some circles the other night about 1am, hammered, and was asking people to follow him down Buttermilk lane, cos he 'had to take a whizz' but would 'show them a magic trick after'...errrkk!

Let's all get ourselves a stick..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Public burning, I say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

saw him today on shop st. heard him speak, think he's a yank. hope he sticks around, he's got the makings of a ledge

what is it with galway attracting the out and out bohemian/nut job types. Galway is a nice town with lots of these creative types but there are a lot of odd balls about. Does the lonely planet say galway is the place to be or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I spotted a guy on shop street a few times last week and again today and im baffled as to his attire..surely some of ye have seen him too..a short fella(not KD dimensions),im guessing around his early to mid twenties,big bushy beard(brown),wearing a beige robe kind of thing,a bundle on his back and most notably,a stick..in my opinion,and to further the description,a cross between a short moses and a hobbit..anyone know who he is??

Yea, i think thats the lad that went missing in dublin about 8 years ago.

I think they call his experience "the college of life"

what is it with galway attracting the out and out bohemian/nut job types. Galway is a nice town with lots of these creative types but there are a lot of odd balls about. Does the lonely planet say galway is the place to be or something?

It attracted you didnt it? :D

Saw him again this evening, wearing a red robe this time... sexy! So what are we calling him, The Wizard?! I'm getting pics this weekend!!

snyper wrote: »
    It attracted you didnt it? :D

i'm not a crusty, and i shaved off my beard yesterday :D

i'm not a crusty, and i shaved off my beard yesterday :D

Pics or STFU! :D:p

"The Wizard" it is...Ill be scouting for a photo this weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Met him last night outside supermacs in eyre square was talkin to him for a good while, sound man. He is an american stayin in a hostel in galway somewhere who lived in limerick for a while, he has the stick because of a broken toe or something like that. He is quality at card tricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 angrylearner

ya calls himself merlin the magician. complete wierdo but he's sound, think it makes the city more interesting having all these complete freaks roaming the streets showing you magic tricks while your eating your lunch ya know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Met him again the last day, he was doin a few card tricks for me and a mate. Sound guy, i told him about this dicussion on the net about him. He said, call me 'Merlin the Wizard'.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭lilirish

Met him in supermacs one night, his name was Merlin apparenty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭daveywavey08

Yeah I saw him about two weeks ago on Saturday going up to the statue guy on Shop Street. A crowd gathered to hear their meanderings, they made a lovely couple

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

he likes feeding the birds in eyre square, pity about his freaky smile...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

complete wierdo but he's sound

Pardon my ignorance - but what does "sound" mean? How can someone possibly be both sound and a complete weirdo? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

JustMary wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance - but what does "sound" mean? How can someone possibly be both sound and a complete weirdo? :confused:
    You can be weird and still be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sherifu wrote: »
    You can be weird and still be nice.

until the point where they're sitting on your lap eating termites that they keep in a small green jar called Roger.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I know the guy. Saw him outside Easons and from a distance thought he was a bearded lady.

When I got closer it was just an expression he'd been pulling.

I must admit, Hobbit sprang to mind immediately.

I think he's Easter European and is singing in said language. I'm not entirely sure which language, though. Does he wear a cowboy-type hat?

I know him.

I saw him next to that Tower thing along the line, playing his guitar for some drunken Eastern European lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ran into him again.

He's a nice guy to be fair, didn't come across as a knob the way some people do and he was doing some pretty nifty card tricks.

He likes Galway.

He was behind me in McDonalds queue and asked could he sit with me and my friend, nice chap. From South Carolina, been doing magic since age 7. Arrived in Dublin then headed to Galway. Heard about his being on Boards (asked was that where I knew him from) and said he hoped it was nice things.

He's a legend allright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Well i was talking to Merlin today and told him about boards.ie, he's mad to get to an internet cafe to check it out for himself! He's decided to hang up his robes for a while and chill out in Galway.
    He's calling down to me and my fiance later on to have an ole chat and i asked him could i take a photo of him and he has agreed :D So i'll put it up ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement