Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men staring at chest!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

ntlbell wrote: »
    Hai.

Who's abusing who? you me or me you?

Eithier way..

It's hot.:p

This is why you'll die alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

I sometimes find myself staring at a girls chest if she has a nice one or has none. When i realize i try to stop but its just natural that your eyes go towards smething you are attracted to or somethnig that you find is funny or ugly too. Cant be helped. Sometimes you would be staring at them thinking, how ugly, or what a waste having them on her, or wow. God knows

Sometimes i have found myself talking to people with an ugly nose or something and have to keep telling myself - dont stare man.

Its just natural that people stare at something that they find repusive or attractive and shouldnt be staring at.

Im sure he will be more embarrassed than you if you pick him up on it though. But then he'll probably tell everyone you caught him so he can laugh it off and next thing the whole building is staring at them behind your back or in front of your face to see what he was staring at.

Hard to know what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Won't someone please think of the children? And stay on topic. Don't make me shake my fist.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The advice is not to cover up it's cover them up if people looking at them annoys you.
    If i walk around with my man hood floating about people will stare (not laugh!) and I'd be very proud and enjoy as the onlookers cheered.

But if it annoyed me I obviously wouldn't walk around with it flopping around!

It's easy!

Ok first of all you're assuming she has her chest on display. As BigglesMcGee just conveniently described, men are known to stare at women's chests regardless of whether they're covered up or not.

So the answer for women? Why should you change your behaviour/the way you look when its his behaviour that is unacceptable & should change? No prizes.

Either Ireland has adopted the hijab lately or I'm just out of the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Im a man and I have faced a similiar problem.

Last week I wore a bannana hammock into the office and the women would not stop staring at my crotch:(

Summer holidays are over, send the twins back to boarding school, cover up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

death stare works wonders QUOTE]

Agreed but another one would be to click your fingers in front of your boobs. It will certainly catch his attention and should embarass him.

Its just natural that people stare at something that they find repusive or attractive and shouldnt be staring at..

Not its not!!! It's just bad manners.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

The advice is not to cover up it's cover them up if people looking at them annoys you.
    If i walk around with my man hood floating about people will stare (not laugh!) and I'd be very proud and enjoy as the onlookers cheered.

But if it annoyed me I obviously wouldn't walk around with it flopping around!

It's easy!
    Agreed. If you don't like people staring, don't show a sea of cleavage and wear a top that looks professional. De-emphasise the cleavage.
    If you're wearing a top that emphasises the boobies - low cut, clingy, fitted under the boobs etc, well then it's only doing it's job of attracting attention.

I have a pretty substantial cleavage myself and there are days I enjoy flaunting it, and others where I am happy wearing a collared shirt/jumper thus minimising the effects of them.

If a chap walked round with a shirt open halfway down his chest with a lovely shiny medallion to draw attention to his hairy chest, chances are you'd stare too, not necessarily because you are attracted and are busy perving over him, but just because the combo is doing it's job - drawing the eye.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Ah lads stop being brats. Leave the boobs alone!! teeheehee

Being a very lucky, large breasted young woman, I have to admit that I LOVE guys staring at them. It's a great booster to the aul confidence etc. Although can get tiresome every now and then. my old boss was a twat, and he had a gawk one day, but it went on and on so I just started touching them. poor man didnt know where to put his eyes after that!!

or if you dont want to be that forward, just snap your fingers right in front of your boobs, then when he catches your eyes, talk to your boobs and tell them you will find a nicer set of eyes and your sorry they had to go through that!!!

Works every time ladies!!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Ladies, ladies, ladies. Why does it bother you? If a chap stares at your face, does that not bother you too? What if he stares at your feet? These are also parts of the female form some men find sexually attractive. Try to think of it as complimentary.

OP, are you particularly spectacular? Are you uncovered? Or are you dealing with a very short man?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

echosound wrote: »

If a chap walked round with a shirt open halfway down his chest with a lovely shiny medallion to draw attention to his hairy chest, chances are you'd stare too, not necessarily because you are attracted and are busy perving over him, but just because the combo is doing it's job - drawing the eye.

A 1970's lady, eh. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

ChewChew wrote: »
    Ah lads stop being brats. Leave the boobs alone!! teeheehee

Being a very lucky, large breasted young woman, I have to admit that I LOVE guys staring at them. It's a great booster to the aul confidence etc. Although can get tiresome every now and then. my old boss was a twat, and he had a gawk one day, but it went on and on so I just started touching them. poor man didnt know where to put his eyes after that!!

or if you dont want to be that forward, just snap your fingers right in front of your boobs, then when he catches your eyes, talk to your boobs and tell them you will find a nicer set of eyes and your sorry they had to go through that!!!

Works every time ladies!!!

:D:D:D

Pics please

My pics are far from suitable for boards. ;) they are all secretly stashed away on my bebo. hahahaha :D

nipplenuts wrote: »
    A 1970's lady, eh. ;)

heh!
    Either that, or it's the car-crash effect - you can't help but stare even though you might want to look away and are in fact slightly repulsed.

Perhaps the OP has a similar problem :p the guy wasn't perving, just going "yeeeeuuuuuccchhhh" but unable to avert his gaze.

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Pics please

Oh, change the record please :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Oh, change the record please :rolleyes:

Jealousy will get you nowhere woman :D

jimbo78 wrote: »
    Jealousy will get you nowhere woman :D

I know a song about that - its called 'in your dreams mate' ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There's a difference between looking and staring. There's also a code in which you conduct yourself in a professional manner in the workplace. That means no leering, and it also means wearing appropriate clothing.

WindSock wrote: »
    There's a difference between looking and staring. There's also a code in which you conduct yourself in a professional manner in the workplace. That means no leering, and it also means wearing appropriate clothing.

You are actually kinda right. hmm. There is nowt wrong with guys having a look, but a long endless stare is crappy. but if you wear something THAT revealing then your a wee gluton for punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

Not its not!!! It's just bad manners.

It may be bad manners but it is a human reaction.
    If it wasnt there would be a law against looking at parts of peoples bodies.
    Show me a case of anyone that got fired for looking at a part of anothers body in Ireland .... ever. In fact if i was brought up in front of the boss for staring at anothers body part, man woman or beast, i'd say 'sorry, didnt mean to cause offence. Didnt realize i was staring. Anything else?' . And then i probably would end up sub conciously staring even more. Along with everyone i had recounted the story to.

A wormate of mine has one arm. People stare all the time. They dont mean to but they just do. It doesnt bother him. He knows this happens and doesnt complain about it.

It happens, get over it.
    The example another poster given of the man with the shirt open and the medallion is bang on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Men staring at women's chests is old news. I want to hear more about women staring at women's chests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I just want to make a point that I was not wearing a low cut top, I had a white tailored shirt on me long sleeved with cuffs, buttoned up.

My jugs were not out on display, Although they have increased in size over the last couple of weeks.

Quality wrote: »
    Although they have increased in size over the last couple of weeks.

there's your answer so. he was probably trying to figure out what looked different about you and ended up staring as he thought. I do that if people have put a subtle colour change in their hair, or cut a fringe, and I'm trying to work out what it is about them that is slightly different. I've also had people do that to my hips/stomach lately - staring at my midsection, looking puzzled, and then exclaiming that I've lost weight. yer man was probably doing the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

WindSock wrote: »

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I truly believe a lot of guys don't mean to, but they're just hypnotically drawn to them. I don't think it's something only sleazy guys would do, to be fair. So Quality, just think of it as a compliment.

But there's no point in telling girls to cover them up either - often they are covered up and still leered at. Obviously you can still see the shape of them if they're big.

I just want to make a point that I was not wearing a low cut top, I had a white tailored shirt on me long sleeved with cuffs, buttoned up.

My jugs were not out on display, Although they have increased in size over the last couple of weeks.

It doesnt matter what you were wearing, its dog ignorant.

If it happens again I would do as I suggested and click my fingers in front of my boobs (just in case he is in a trance from the beeauty of them :)) while giving him the death stare. If he he has the nerve to keep doing it after that I would say something to him.

.... and click my fingers in front of my boobs
    Would think this is pretty ignorant also TBH. Someone once clicked their fingers at me - they were looking for my attention as I was typing a report up (it was a colleague in work) and I nearly took their head clean off for the rudeness of snapping their fingers at me - that is what you do to call a dog's attention, or if you are a colonial slavemaster clicking your finger for the "boy" to come serve you your Pimms on your verandah.

My guess is you haven't told your collegues your news yet , not that it matters tbh but most men would feel uncomfortable staring at a pregnant woman's boobs.

Then again my friends is pregnant too and I found myself stariung a few times just at the sheer size they've grown to.

Someone once clicked their fingers at me - they were looking for my attention as I was typing a report up (it was a colleague in work) and I nearly took their head clean off for the rudeness of snapping their fingers at me - that is what you do to call a dog's attention, or if you are a colonial slavemaster clicking your finger for the "boy" to come serve you your Pimms on your verandah.

You weren't staring at someone's tit's though , its only acceptable to do if the person is being directly rude to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

there's your answer so. he was probably trying to figure out what looked different about you and ended up staring as he thought. I do that if people have put a subtle colour change in their hair, or cut a fringe, and I'm trying to work out what it is about them that is slightly different. I've also had people do that to my hips/stomach lately - staring at my midsection, looking puzzled, and then exclaiming that I've lost weight. yer man was probably doing the same thing.

Wow that is some impressive selective quoting. You forgot to quote the bit where she said she was covered up.

Why do societies have manners? To make people feel more comfortable. Why is it rude to stare at a woman's chest (particularly in the workplace)? Because it makes the majority of women feel uncomfortable. So the best way to respond is to make the starer as uncomfortable as s/he is making you. Give them a taste of their own medicine, make them feel selfconscious & see how they like it.

As Windsock, there's a difference between looking & staring. The guy at the meeting was obviously staring enough to upset the OP & lead her to posting about it here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement