Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men staring at chest!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

taconnol wrote: »
    Well..you can have loose jeans? *The sound of hairs being split*

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

There's no harm in looking (at whoever or whatever), but it's rude to stare and make a person feel uncomfortable.
    Oh and if you're looking at a man's bum, chances are he can't see, unless he's got eyes in the back of his head so staring at a woman's chest and staring at a man's bum can't be compared (impossible to compare really ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

My point was would you care if a guy is as pervy as can be so long as you don't see him acting this way? Or that no one sees him for that matter. Just taking people up on the fact they said the fact is being made feel uncomfortable rather than the leering itself. I know some people did say its wrong in work place, that's fine. Just posed the question. If no one sees, no matter how bad the perving is, is there any harm and would you care. That was my question.

There's no point in worrying if someone MIGHT be perving, that's paranoia.
    Are you perving now? :p You seem very keen to get to the bottom of this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Have you not yet perfected your "You have fifteen seconds until I rip your balls off with a blunt spoon" death ray stare.

*Makes mental note*

Im not sure..

Isnt it ok to look but not touch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

What the men here, who think its so funny and a good laugh and that we should get on with it dont realise that its very intimidating to have a stranger staring at your breasts in a work environment. Its intimidating to have a group of builders whistling and making comments at you.... Its intimidating to have a stranger grab your ass in a pub or rub their crotch on your leg as they are passing.... Need I go on????

I have been in the same situation as OP and while I am very strong in most situations, I have been left feeling, if not quite scared then very nervous by similar actions from men... If a man insists on looking at you, in a neutral environment in a sexual way, its not acceptable to say just get on with it and dont think about it.... Its not right that if I am in a work meeting I feel I have to put on my jacket to hide my boobs so the blinkin pervert opposite will quit staring.. They should be responsible for their actions in a non-sexual environment....

Just goes to prove that some men only fell from the trees more recently than others :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Just goes to prove that some men only fell from the trees more recently than others :mad:

Perhaps, but they didn't bang their heads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Need I go on????
    Please do, it was getting interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Invincible

Quality wrote: »
    I was just in a meeting there and this fella I was with kept staring at my chest, This really pisses me off, If I had have been in any other situation I would have left rip, but because I am in work I have to put up with this!!

Any help to get me through this situation again?

Theres a dirty aul lad in our local does the same!!

Just say"take a picture,it'll last longer"

All I am saying is that unless it has happened to you then you cant under estimate how upsetting it can be for women.. I am strong and brazen at times but a lot of women are not... If it can upset, stress and intimidate me I cant imagine what it can do to some shy ladies....

People should not be made feel like that because some fool cant control his animal instincts (which is only an excuse by the way).

Other than that, I think men are great :p

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Perhaps, but they didn't bang their heads. :D

Well not on every branch at least....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

I was just in a meeting there and this fella I was with kept staring at my chest, This really pisses me off,

Maybe it was a chest like this one? You can't fault a guy for looking at this....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Invincible wrote: »
    Just say"take a picture,it'll last longer"

Chances are you'll find some guy taking you up on that offer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I think Trojan might have hit on a good idea there.

plant a small tuft of hair in your cleavage and maybe even see about getting (subtle) fake adams apple. it might take them a minute to cop on, but when they start to hear the "crying game" tune in their heads they'll soon stop staring. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

This issue has a number of problems:
    The difference between staring and leering, unfortunatly unless the person doing so is incredibly obtuse or is making a poor attempt at flirting it might be difficult to tell for certain whether it is a stare or a leer. A leer you have every right to feel unsettled by. A stare, well he may just be staring into space.

Also there is the whole fact of some women wanting their breasts admired; push-up bras and surgery, you're not trying to make them bigger for an improvement to your sense of balence. So how are men to know which group of women you fall under short of asking, and if staring is a reportable offence then you can bet asking whether a woman likes her breasts to be admired is definitely reportable! I've certainly worked with one or two women who were quite clear to all that they liked their breasts and bums to be admired*. Why are the 2 main places for text and adornments on women's clothing on the chest and ass, mens' clothes usually have the image/text occupying the entire torso or as a tiny logo on one side, is that not a strange coincidence?

Damned evolution, women evolved to be drawn to men with good provider physiques, that of the hunter: muscled. Whether it be toned legs, biceps or a six pack. These days nerds are becoming more attractive since they are the new high earners and as such better providers, but the old style alpha male is still more physically attractive to females as you can't overwrite millions of years of conditioning overnight.
    Men evolved to also seek partners who can be a good provider, the areas most men are attracted to are the breasts, ass, hips and legs, the places where fat tends to be stored and as such supplies to make milk to feed the baby. We can kid ourselfs that we're not the same chimps that were swinging from the trees only 3 million years ago, but in the fundamental sense we are, same base instincts and same drives.

I'm afraid the only real way to deal with this is by making it clear to the man that you do not want him staring at your breasts, embaressing for both but at least it nips the problem in the bud.

Can't say I've ever really seen the big interest in breasts; fat, mammary glands, muscle, that's it.... If nothing else they are something to get in the girl's way, cause discomfort and sag as time goes on.

*in fact come to think of it once they started lamenting a lack of positive attention (as in either no compliments or unkind remarks) most of the girls seemed to join in agreeing with them about how awful it was and how they'd like to be complimented. And yet the gas thing was one of these instigators of those discussions was at another time complaining about why men stare at women's bums.... the mind boggles....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

farohar wrote: »
    I'm afraid the only real way to deal with this is by making it clear to the man that you do not want him staring at your breasts, embaressing for both but at least it nips the problem in the bud.

Ever tried Not staring at anything you conciously tell yourself not to be looking at?

Might have the opposite effect. And wait til his tells everyone else at the office that he was pulled up for staring at tits.

Wach them all try not to stare at them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

I was just in a meeting there and this fella I was with kept staring at my chest, This really pisses me off, If I had have been in any other situation I would have left rip, but because I am in work I have to put up with this!!

I'm not sure how farting would help in a situation like this

What the men here, who think its so funny and a good laugh and that we should get on with it dont realise that its very intimidating to have a stranger staring at your breasts in a work environment. Its intimidating to have a group of builders whistling and making comments at you.... Its intimidating to have a stranger grab your ass in a pub :

I agree its unacceptable..

Im hardly the best looking guy in the pond, but i can safely say that i get my ass either pinched or smacked at least once every 2 or 3 times i go to a club by one of a group of women

Am i offended.. no

Am i intimidated.. no

Am i pissed off a little by the blaitant double standard.. certainly.

Snyper is not a piece of meat.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Oh I think Snyper is a bit of a brat ;)

ChewChew wrote: »
    Oh I think Snyper is a bit of a brat ;)

Im not sure i understand how you come to that conclusion?

It seems from my expierence that women doit and its seen as acceptable.. all in a bit of fun.

When a man does it.. its a good motive for her to give him a smack in the face.. and rightly so!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've had girls grab my nuts in nightclubs, I definatley didn't like it, who does! Was i glad I had the experience yes!

I've had girls look at my big fella when I've been shopping for baggy jeans.....did I mind....yes......was I happy the looked yes........

Look in an ideal world we'd all be naked and would grow tired or looking at each others bits and pieces....

Unfourtnatley for our generation wearing your birthday suit is illegal and will get you locked up...

Tits are cool in this day and age....enjoy it while ye can....someday the might just end up being an eyesore.....hopefully after my time...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

snyper wrote: »

It seems from my expierence that women doit and its seen as acceptable.. all in a bit of fun.

When a man does it.. its a good motive for her to give him a smack in the face.. and rightly so!

of course I ment it in the nicest, funest way possible!! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

farohar wrote: »
    We can kid ourselfs that we're not the same chimps that were swinging from the trees only 3 million years ago, but in the fundamental sense we are, same base instincts and same drives.
    Appreciate the evolution lecture, and, although I am comfortable with the way I look, I tend to be attracted to someone a bit higher on the evolutionary scale. For example, a grand sense of humour attributed to nurture rather than nature?

Now, I don't need to conceptualize while practicing for conception, but it might be fun to try sometime. Advocate a position while taking a position?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I've had girls grab my nuts in nightclubs, I definatley didn't like it, who does! Was i glad I had the experience yes!

I've had girls look at my big fella when I've been shopping for baggy jeans.....did I mind....yes......was I happy the looked yes........

You minded but you were happy about it? I'm confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Mikel Jr.

we wouldn't get the chance to stare at your tits if you were facing the stove

you know, the way god intended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Banned

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sunglasses :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

snyper wrote: »

Indeed, I think this little hypocracy stems from the whole men should be the sexual predator belief (hence why many girls expect the man to ask the girl out), as such any move with a possibly sexual meaning is interpreted in a far more predatory/aggressive way, as opposed to harmless fun with no real intent behind it, if it is made by a man than by a woman.
    I'm once more left amused thinking of the time I had a female friend complaining about the lads checking out her bum while she was working and later that day I caught her checking out some guy's behind.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

taconnol wrote: »
    Ok first of all you're assuming she has her chest on display. As BigglesMcGee just conveniently described, men are known to stare at women's chests regardless of whether they're covered up or not.

So the answer for women? Why should you change your behaviour/the way you look when its his behaviour that is unacceptable & should change? No prizes.

Either Ireland has adopted the hijab lately or I'm just out of the loop.

Sorry, it's just common logic.

If you're unhappy with guys staring at your chest, then it's a bad idea to flaunt them.

I remember kids in school who would sport giant mohawks and then spend their whole time moaning about how much they hated attention being paid to them.

Although for the record, I don't stare at tits, there's more attractive parts of ladies to take a gander at.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭event

St Bill wrote: »
    Oh and if you're looking at a man's bum, chances are he can't see, unless he's got eyes in the back of his head so staring at a woman's chest and staring at a man's bum can't be compared (impossible to compare really ;))

so its ok so long as the person doesnt know?

thats like saying it could be ok to stare at a womans chest when she is asleep, sure she cant see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

event wrote: »
    so its ok so long as the person doesnt know?

thats like saying it could be ok to stare at a womans chest when she is asleep, sure she cant see

And what else am i supposed to do while she is asleep?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement