Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men staring at chest!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

event wrote: »
    thats like saying it could be ok to stare at a womans chest when she is asleep, sure she cant see

mmmm, I think thats a peeping tom! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Try not to let it bother you so much. People are gonna stare regardless, and getting yourself worked up about it wont do a damn thing to stop it.
    I don't particularly like it when people stare at my chest, but I have caught myself staring at other women's chest in the past.
    Sometimes its hard not to stare, tbh.

If a guy is perving on you, an ice cold glare should sort it out, if not, well maybe then you could say something.
    However, if the guy isn't perving, but instead his glance just happens to fall in your boobs direction..... I reckon you should just give the guy a break. Its only human.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

^ This sums my opinion on the matter up completely.

Sometimes it's accidental and you don't even realize that it looks like you're staring at them when in reality you're more just staring into space.

If it was an obvious case of pervage though, give him a dirty look, if that doesn't do the trick, resort to the more drastic measures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Quality wrote: »
    I was just in a meeting there and this fella I was with kept staring at my chest, This really pisses me off, If I had have been in any other situation I would have left rip, but because I am in work I have to put up with this!!

Any help to get me through this situation again?

Theres a dirty aul lad in our local does the same!!

Start staring at the lads pint - they will notice this soon enough
    Or work - his 'package' - fair game

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

event wrote: »
    so its ok so long as the person doesnt know?

thats like saying it could be ok to stare at a womans chest when she is asleep, sure she cant see

Well I don't think there's any chance the OP's going to be in bed with her work colleague anytime soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Petands

I was just in a meeting there and this fella I was with kept staring at my chest, This really pisses me off, If I had have been in any other situation I would have left rip, but because I am in work I have to put up with this!!

Ah fer cryin out loud, your a woman, stick em out will ye and enjoy yourself. Otherwise get a sex change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I'm one of those guys who just can't help himself. If a girl has got em and wants/chooses to 'show' em/expose a nice bit of cleavage then I am more than happy to look. In a funny kinda way I am flattering her imho. I say fair dues to you, enjoy the attention and be proud of your delicious breasts.

If, on the other hand, it is kinda like a 'dirty old man type thing' where he is almost drolling and in a trance then that is different.

To all those girls out there willing to allow us be appreciative of the female form in it's finest I say thank you and be proud of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

if you're ever told "my face is up here" then counter with:

"yeah, but your tits are nicer to look at!"

Zing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

if you're ever told "my face is up here" then counter with:

"yeah, but your tits are nicer to look at!"

Zing!

Or, "Did you think i was oggling your tits there. Arent we full of ourselves today." :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Sorry, it's just common logic.

If you're unhappy with guys staring at your chest, then it's a bad idea to flaunt them.

I remember kids in school who would sport giant mohawks and then spend their whole time moaning about how much they hated attention being paid to them.

Although for the record, I don't stare at tits, there's more attractive parts of ladies to take a gander at.

Ok I'll say it again. She wasn't flaunting them....

Your analogy of kids with giant mohawks doesn't follow because she wasn't looking for attention. In fact, what we are discussing is unwanted attention.

I totally agree that a girl in a mini skirt & sky high heels can't complain if she gets looks. Actually on that topic I was walking through Trinity yesterday evening & a girl was lying down on her side on the cobblestones opposite the arts block & everone walking by could see up her skirt. Now in that case it was totally her own fault. Being in a meeting in work with everything respectfully covered? Not her fault.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

taconnol wrote: »
    Ok I'll say it again. She wasn't flaunting them....

Your analogy of kids with giant mohawks doesn't follow because she wasn't looking for attention. In fact, what we are discussing is unwanted attention.

I totally agree that a girl in a mini skirt & sky high heels can't complain if she gets looks. Actually on that topic I was walking through Trinity yesterday evening & a girl was lying down on her side on the cobblestones opposite the arts block & everone walking by could see up her skirt. Now in that case it was totally her own fault. Being in a meeting in work with everything respectfully covered? Not her fault.

But what if the guy was just looking at her jacket and thinking "That Jacket is horrible. Why on earth dos she wear something so awful".

Is he still a perv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I feel really uncomfortable with men doing that. Makes me feel like they think I have nothing valid to say and I should just shut up and be mauled! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Ms_Taurus

it does make me uneasy men starting at my chest, i was in malta rescently and i was reluctant to go topless for fear of men staring but nobody gave me a 2nd look i felt more at ease and comfortable to walk round without the stares i sure the same goes for the other women on the beach i did not see any men starting at them also. what is it with irish men and breasts?? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Ms_Taurus wrote: »
    it does make me uneasy men starting at my chest, i was in malta rescently and i was reluctant to go topless for fear of men staring but nobody gave me a 2nd look i felt more at ease and comfortable to walk round without the stares i sure the same goes for the other women on the beach i did not see any men starting at them also. what is it with irish men and breasts?? :rolleyes:

i dont think it has anything to do with men being irish or not.:rolleyes:

all us men like boobs.
    some more than others.
    i dont agree with the staring, but your eyes are drawn to them, some men just dont restrain themselves very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

what is it with irish men and breasts?? :rolleyes:

Good generalisation. :rolleyes: See, i can roll my eyes too.

Hate to burst your bubble but you were in a nice warm sunny beautiful country with gorgeous beaches. Flesh on display is nothing new over there....you simply faded into the mass of half nekkid people on the beach.

Irelands climate does not normally allow for such behaviour and the whole being under the thumb of the Church things mean that low cut tops, tiny skirts are a relatively new thing for us in the grand scale of things.

I could talk about the double standards of women who eat you with their eyes but the simple fact is not all women are like that.

How grown up of me.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I was like that too. Very conscious of going topless on the beach, then last year I went away with the girls to lanzarote and I was like 'awe f*ck it' and with that, no one looked once let alone twice. But what did spark some attention was when we started oiling each other up. sure we'd had a few coctails on the beach and having a laugh and it was a case of, well i'll put sun cream on yours if you put it on mine. twas hilarious like!! great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Was called down for an IT related problem recently by a woman. Fixed her problem and was then told her workmate was having same problem (who was away from her desk at the time) so i sat down and went about fixing it.

She came back said hi, i asked her if she wanted me to sort it out or come back. Told me to stay, leaned accross me reaching for a pencil or pen or something when i realised she was wearing a blouse with the top buttons undone. I looked away, not wanting to stare incase she did it by accident.

I fixed the machine and as i was leaving she called me back to look at some other problem. So here i was looking down at her desperately struggling to keep my eyes on her face hoping i could answer whatever it was quickly so i could scarper.

Never felt so uncomfortable in my life. Thing is as well that shes in her late 40's or i guess i might have been flattered(if she'd meant it). That said just because she's old should that mean i'm not flattered? Ah well was uncomfortable.

Just wanted to post other side of this issue. Hope you told him off next time you saw him/caught him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing wrong with looking. Power to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I find nothing wrong with this problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Meh, unless a guy's a real sleazebag I don't mind men staring at my chest at all. I really don't think it means they view me as an object or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It means, I like boobs!

Dudess wrote: »
    Meh, unless a guy's a real sleazebag I don't mind men staring at my chest at all. I really don't think it means they view me as an object or whatever.

I have to agree. Doesnt bother me (unless its a dirty old man drooling into his pint while staring at me) but I have been blessed with a fine set, so I like to show em off when I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Phantasm

Have you slept through the whole Equality in the Workplace movement?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Still no pics? How are we to give accurate advice? :(

ChewChew wrote: »
    I have to agree. Doesnt bother me (unless its a dirty old man drooling into his pint while staring at me) but I have been blessed with a fine set, so I like to show em off when I can.

Really? I think anyone who gawps at a physical feature is pig ignornant. Even in a social setting.
    I always get grabbers male and female if I put mine on display. So no thanks.

I'm thick. I dont know how to post pix. :rolleyes:

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Really? I think anyone who gawps at a physical feature is pig ignornant. Even in a social setting.
    I always get grabbers male and female if I put mine on display. So no thanks.

nope honestly I dont mind. I have a male friend who is fascinated with my cans and he has a mawl (sp?) whenever he wants.

Your fuse is about 16 miles longer than mine so.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Your fuse is about 16 miles longer than mine so.

its just something that never bothered me TBH. but I can understand it bothering some people.

• Advertisement

ChewChew wrote: »
    its just something that never bothered me TBH. but I can understand it bothering some people.

In fairness I would say most Irish people would be bothered to have a body part grabbed honker style by some randomer, trinny and susanah or sleazy friend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement