Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men staring at chest!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Moonbaby wrote: »
    In fairness I would say most Irish people would be bothered to have a body part grabbed honker style by some randomer, trinny and susanah or sleazy friend.

Well I would have a HUGE problem with someone just grabbing me. My mate that does it is a long time friend and its just something we all get a laugh out of so he's not some randomer or a sleazy friend because he does it to no one else.

What I'm saying I DONT have a problem with is guys staring at my breasts. that doesnt bother me. mawling me does bother me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Really? I think anyone who gawps at a physical feature is pig ignornant. Even in a social setting.
    I always get grabbers male and female if I put mine on display. So no thanks.
    So why put them on display for then?!
    ChewChew wrote: »
    nope honestly I dont mind. I have a male friend who is fascinated with my cans and he has a mawl (sp?) whenever he wants.
    I love you! Can I have a maul? :pac:

On a more serious note I find people who fail to understand that humans are in essence driven by the same desires and forces as all other animals hugely annoying. We are the cleverest of them all but we are still animals; every time you meet a man he makes a subconscious calculation as to your fecundity. You subconsciously know this therefore adjust your outward appearance to enhance the chances of being evaluated positively, males do likewise.

Not all males are ones you would deem acceptable partners - but all males will respond to your appearance in one form or another. Simply put you take the good with the bad and accept it as part of being yet another human playing the animal game.

Or you can b*tch about it on boards because you can't accept reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

It means, I like boobs!

My sentiments exactly!
    ChewChew wrote: »
    nope honestly I dont mind. I have a male friend who is fascinated with my cans and he has a mawl (sp?) whenever he wants.

You sound like a truly great friend.
    I'm glad my first post in the Ladies Lounge was about boobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

We are the cleverest of them all but we are still animals; every time you meet a man he makes a subconscious calculation as to your fecundity. You subconsciously know this therefore adjust your outward appearance to enhance the chances of being evaluated positively, males do likewise.

And, therein lies the age related inequality between the two genders. In 20 years all those indicators of youthful fecundity that I possess now and take for granted will have vanished - they're depreciating assets in the mating marketplace. Whereas if men play the game smartly they can still be seen as good providers, and thus desirable....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In fairness, any woman has the right to be dressed as provocatively as she wants and not get groped. A lot of staring, fair enough - that's part of the reason why a woman would dress provocatively (consciously or subconsciously) but a maul? Good god, if a stranger just made a grab for my "girls" I'd lose it with them. And it's sleazy from either gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Actually grabbing me boobs?

I'd knee the f*cker. No questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Dudess wrote: »
    In fairness, any woman has the right to be dressed as provocatively as she wants and not get groped. A lot of staring, fair enough - that's part of the reason why a woman would dress provocatively (consciously or subconsciously)
    Thank you for agreeing with me.
    Dudess wrote: »
    but a maul? Good god, if a stranger just made a grab for my "girls" I'd lose it with them. And it's sleazy from either gender.
    I never argued that mauling was acceptable, I was talking about being ogled. My mention of mauling in reply to ChewChew's post was facetious; :pac: <--- this usually means you're being jocular. Of course I haven't been on boards for a while so maybe it's morphed into "I'm seriously interested in booking a appointment for some mauling, is Tuesday OK?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I was referring to your response to Moonbaby:
    Moonbaby wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Staring, generally, is classed as rude. If fellas want to admire women's tits, they should do so discreetly.

Ladies, you will be disappointed if you try to change the nature of men.

Really? I think anyone who gawps at a physical feature is pig ignornant. Even in a social setting.

Do you see the bit you highlighted.
    It is saying that I don't purposely put them on display because of my expierences.:mad:
    Also "Putting them on display" doesn't equate to a conscious let them all hang out effort, when you have a little more clevage than average.
    It might be a very benign clothing choice in terms of percentage of boobage on show. That illicits the unwanted attention from both sexes.

On a more serious note I find people who fail to understand that humans are in essence driven by the same desires and forces as all other animals hugely annoying. We are the cleverest of them all but we are still animals; every time you meet a man he makes a subconscious calculation as to your fecundity. You subconsciously know this therefore adjust your outward appearance to enhance the chances of being evaluated positively, males do likewise.

Not all males are ones you would deem acceptable partners - but all males will respond to your appearance in one form or another. Simply put you take the good with the bad and accept it as part of being yet another human playing the animal game.

Or you can b*tch about it on boards because you can't accept reality.

And I hate it when people try to condone their own ape like ignorance with all that darwinian bullschiesse.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

The Walsho wrote: »

We have a great friendship. I know that guy a long time, and its just something the whole gang finds funny. But there is no one else who would do it.

The Walsho wrote: »

We have a great friendship. I know that guy a long time, and its just something the whole gang finds funny. But there is no one else who would do it.

Again, the whole staring issue does not bother me. Random grabbers DO bother me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

And I hate it when people try to condone their own ape like ignorance with all that darwinian bullschiesse.

Totally agree. I'm a bit sick of the whole 'men have sexual needs that women don't' mantra that gets batted about on boards. Men have been socially conditioned to believe that this is the case just as women have been socially conditioned to be sexually passive (sweeping generalisations, I know).

Hence you get the male 'stud' and female 'slut' when both are doing exactly the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

taconnol wrote: »
    Ok I'll say it again. She wasn't flaunting them....

Your analogy of kids with giant mohawks doesn't follow because she wasn't looking for attention. In fact, what we are discussing is unwanted attention.

I totally agree that a girl in a mini skirt & sky high heels can't complain if she gets looks. Actually on that topic I was walking through Trinity yesterday evening & a girl was lying down on her side on the cobblestones opposite the arts block & everone walking by could see up her skirt. Now in that case it was totally her own fault. Being in a meeting in work with everything respectfully covered? Not her fault.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post you did, I meant to refer to this one.
    taconnol wrote: »
    Ugh ignore advice to cover up - this isn't Saudi Arabia last time I checked.

Stare right back until you make him feel uncomfortable. The addition of a somewhat confused look on your face helps as if you're not quite sure why he's wearing that awful shirt. Or tell him he has something in his teeth or hanging out of his nose - works every time.

Edit: God I just love the predictible whore/virgin male responses of either:
    a) cover up
    b) show me

IF a woman doesn't want to cover up, then she really does have to live with the consequences that she will be attracting attention. Maybe she likes it, maybe she doesn;t but she did make a choice to wear something that she must have known would focus attention on specific parts of her.

I do think my mohawk analogy is relevant as it concerned kids wearing something that obviously attracts attention and they then complained about it.

Same thing can happen to women, if she wears a top consisting of a belt covering her nipples then naturally, people will look at her chest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eoinalmighty

Don't wear t-shirts with lots of writing on it! Doesn't really apply here but I just thought I'd state my annoyance at women giving out about men staring at their breasts when all they're really doing is reading the strategically placed writing! Annoys the hell outta me!

Half the time you don't even realise you're staring! And if you do it just makes it more difficult not to look cos ya get all paranoid and don't know where to look then! Just accept that these things happen!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

IF a woman doesn't want to cover up, then she really does have to live with the consequences that she will be attracting attention. Maybe she likes it, maybe she doesn;t but she did make a choice to wear something that she must have known would focus attention on specific parts of her.

I do think my mohawk analogy is relevant as it concerned kids wearing something that obviously attracts attention and they then complained about it.

Same thing can happen to women, if she wears a top consisting of a belt covering her nipples then naturally, people will look at her chest.

I think we are in agreement on everything & just misunderstanding the concept of 'covered up'. If someone is wearing a fitted blouse with everything covered - that is covered up to me. Nipple skimming top? It's her own fault.

Your mohawk analogy applies when talking about women in revealing clothes, not women who are covered.

When I said 'Ugh ignore advice to cover up', I was speaking in the context of an OP who had clearly stated that she was respectfully dressed and receiving the usual 'Cover it up' replies (and the usual 'or let me see' replies that are somewhat tedious).

Edit: Jaysus, is this thread on 12 pages already??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Ah right, yeah. Fair enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Although 'covered up' I wouldn't call wearing a top that accentuates certain features very conservative.

Although 'covered up' I wouldn't call wearing a top that accentuates certain features very conservative.

But cloth sits on flesh....Do I have to wear my coat to be conservative?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Glitzy100

Men think about sex hmmmm, how often? Quite often. I think that no matter of breast size, womans size or even her look for that matter, at some point of a conversation woman-man the man will have a sneak peak into the chest area. If he's not, he has exceptional control over them or he's being remotely controlled by some un-male being.
    Me for example, I have a thing for men's bums. I'll be checking them in even if I don't want to!!! (yup that has involved some scary looking male workmates!!!) I realize I'm blessed coz thankfully, guys don't have eyes in their back. And that brings me back to the topic. Their eyes are in their front, so what do they look at.....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Glitzy100 wrote: »
    Their eyes are in their front, so what do they look at.....?

Eh, your ass when your looking the other way tbh.

• Advertisement

Dragan wrote: »
    Eh, your ass when your looking the other way tbh.

lol, exactly dear Dragan :D I actually omitted that in fear of digressing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Glitzy100 wrote: »
    guys don't have eyes in their back. And that brings me back to the topic. Their eyes are in their front, so what do they look at.....?

To be honest this is the line that killed your post for me. You had done a really good job of pointing out that as a girl you enjoy looking at a mans ass, but by your own logic ( unless your eyes are in the back of your head ) you should enjoy looking at a mans crotch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭badolepuddytat

Hi all, I've been following this thread (with amusement at some peoples point of view it has to be said :)). I think someone nailed it when they said 'respectfully covered up'. I think in a work situation if you go around with them hanging out it's disrespectful. I'm all for self expression and wearing what you want but in a work situation there are norms and conventions for a reason. Clothes are generally designed to make the wearer feel good and certain attributes are accentuated or played down to enhance the line of the outfit, this can be done in a manner adhering to dress codes. The op was (by her description) dressed appropriately and professionally but the man in question did not behave in a respectful, appropriate and professional manner. Even if they were hanging out and he was gawping, it would be inappropriate however more excusable in my mind. As a female it's hard to keep your eyes off someones chest if they're displayed prominently! I loved the suggestion of stopping mid-sentence and saying 'What, did I spill something on my shirt? Then why are you staring?' :D

Dragan wrote: »
    To be honest this is the line that killed your post for me. You had done a really good job of pointing out that as a girl you enjoy looking at a mans ass, but by your own logic ( unless your eyes are in the back of your head ) you should enjoy looking at a mans crotch! :D

Hmm, ok, let's be honest, I don't enjoy it specifically but it doesn't mean that my eyes involuntarily don't dart to that specific area either....
    And besides, a lot of women have eyes in the back of their heads :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

what do birds expect ffs when they wear low cut tops,Jesus wept :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

But cloth sits on flesh....Do I have to wear my coat to be conservative?

Just non fitted clothes, not necessarily a coat, although some coats are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

I hear mumus are all the rage now

The mystery, so arousing.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭St Bill

Yes, like a lucky bag, you'll never know what you'd find in/under a mumu :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Non-fitted clothes? Any breast, even a AA sticks out from the body giving a curved line from shoulder to nipple. It doesn't matter if a woman wears a baggy, shapeless polo-neck, there is going to be a shape of breasts at the front.

Low cut, tight tops with a push-up is going to get attention but as long as men like women they are going to look at her curves! It's rude to stare but some folks are just rude - tell them to stop staring &/or report them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement