Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men staring at chest!!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nah, doesn't get my attention and all men will look at the other girls. ;)

It's not about whether there will be an outline or not, but will men stare at you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Well, I'm a DD & I often notice a few furtive glances & some pretty obvious stares at my chest - some when I wear tops that show them off & others when in a T-shirt or baggy jumper. Breasts attract male attention as a sexy part of the female form regardless of their coverings, was my point (or points). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Having an ex-girl friend with H cups and noticing the obvious looks, made me realise that even if you think you're being subtle, you aren't.

I still find my attention drawn in that direction when cleavage is shown on occassion but quickly readjust my focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

be grateful :D mine are not big enough to get noticed!

seriously though if you dont want people to look at your chest, cover up. I dont understand women who wear low cut tops or tops that enhance cleavage or large boobs and then moan when people look at them its a batural thing. men look at big boobs and women with big boobs get offended. however men also look at bare legs if you wear a skirt/dress or a decent ass walking by in tight trousers. so, I choose not to have bare legs or tight trousers in work. if you dont want em looking at your boobs, cover em up

I'm going to strap a pair of DD falsies on the lot of you....Tar first!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

My back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ah come on, even women stare at other women's boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Glance maybe, if it's a particularly peculiar set up a lá Lola Ferrari or something I might stare - otherwise, erm, no...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Glance maybe, if it's a particularly peculiar set up a lá Lola Ferrari or something I might stare - otherwise, erm, no...

Had to wiki her, and yup, I look at that and just think that's back trauma just waiting to happen....
    Probably uncomfortable when lying down too.

just be happy you have something to stare at =.=

..seriously though, he's just a silly bloke. that's the kind of thing they do. so long as he leaves it at just staring i'd say you're ok. i know it can make you uncomfortable, but men are going to do that if you have cleavage, regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

just be happy you have something to stare at =.=

..seriously though, he's just a silly bloke. that's the kind of thing they do. so long as he leaves it at just staring i'd say you're ok. i know it can make you uncomfortable, but men are going to do that if you have cleavage, regardless.

Much like when women see a well stuffed wallet, just can't take their eyes of it.

Generalisations ftw!

Dragan wrote: »
    Much like when women see a well stuffed wallet, just can't take their eyes of it.

Generalisations ftw!
    So that's why they check for trouser bulges!:eek:
    And there I thought they were ensuring there weren't any tumours.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Last saturdays daily express had an article about a guy in italy who was charged with lewd conduct while traveling on a train .His crime was staring at the cleavege of a 23 year old girl who was sitting on her own while he stood .This made her uncomfortable and she reported him .The local goverment are attempting to crack down on the male chauvinist attidude towards women in the country such as this behaviour .(you ccouldent make it up ) Sombody mentioned that if it had being brad pitt doing the staring she not only would have liked the attention but would also have offered him the seat beside her .

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

God a man was staring at your chest.
    That's absolutely and utterly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Petands

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I know a song about that - its called 'in your dreams mate' ;)

Hey hey...... I like dreaming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Petands

FruitLover wrote: »
    Men staring at women's chests is old news. I want to hear more about women staring at women's chests.

There's a record worth scratching :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

jayteecork wrote: »
    God a man was staring at your chest.
    That's absolutely and utterly awful.

In a work enviroment to the extent it made her uncomfortable yes it is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Alarums

Was anybody in Q Bar last night? There were three women walking around in low cut tops with glow sticks between their tits. They were getting perved at a lot. Some women like that kind of attention, some don't. Unfortunately men have no way of finding out if the woman they are looking at appreciates it or not, at least until she gives you the death stare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Alarums wrote: »
    Was anybody in Q Bar last night? There were three women walking around in low cut tops with glow sticks between their tits. They were getting perved at a lot. Some women like that kind of attention, some don't. Unfortunately men have no way of finding out if the woman they are looking at appreciates it or not, at least until she gives you the death stare.

I think you can safely assume that if a woman is in a white buttoned up shirt at a business meeting (like the OP was) then she wont appreciate it....

Its not rocket science... Out in a bar with your tits divided by glow sticks or sitting behind a desk trying to concentrate on work - I think its pretty easy to figure out in which scenario perving is welcome....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Alarums

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I think you can safely assume that if a woman is in a white buttoned up shirt at a business meeting (like the OP was) then she wont appreciate it....

Its not rocket science... Out in a bar with your tits divided by glow sticks or sitting behind a desk trying to concentrate on work - I think its pretty easy to figure out in which scenario perving is welcome....

Well, yes, that's certainly true. Being made to feel uncomfortable like that in a work environment is inexcusable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

its all about what you wear really isnt it, I mean if your covered up not matter what time of day then that really says your not putting yourself out there to be stared at.

Alas not even all women seem to follow that guidance ChewChew as I've known at least one who wore loose fitting trousers mostly, so I doubt a view of the shape underneath was possible, and yet seemed to regularly complain about the lack of compliments about her bum. Yet this same woman also complained that she couldn't understand why men checked out womens' bums. So it's a case of look and she'd complain don't look and she'd complain... Never paid much attention to her physically myself as she'd do my head in if I was to date her. I'm afraid there are a few (maybe more, we need a census!:D) nutters among you more reasonable women who will impede any reasonable guidelines such as you've suggested. Just as there are a few (maybe more) right gits among males who give the rest of us a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

If you present them in a fashion that is going to attract mens stares then why be surprised if they do stare?

If you want men to not notice your tits then don't go near men or think more carefully about what you wear.

If planning what your wearing based on whether or not your going to be round men who may or may not stare at your tits bothers you, then learn to live with men staring at your tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

He was staring at them because he liked them, wouldn't it be worse if they were saggy like a dry cow?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

farohar wrote: »
    Alas not even all women seem to follow that guidance ChewChew as I've known at least one who wore loose fitting trousers mostly, so I doubt a view of the shape underneath was possible, and yet seemed to regularly complain about the lack of compliments about her bum. Yet this same woman also complained that she couldn't understand why men checked out womens' bums. So it's a case of look and she'd complain don't look and she'd complain... Never paid much attention to her physically myself as she'd do my head in if I was to date her. I'm afraid there are a few (maybe more, we need a census!:D) nutters among you more reasonable women who will impede any reasonable guidelines such as you've suggested. Just as there are a few (maybe more) right gits among males who give the rest of us a bad name.

look look look here's how it is.

If a woman wants her bum, boobs, hair, face, whatever to be noticed. . then she will do the following. . . She will wear nice trousers that are beautifully tailored to hug her bottom. She will wear a respectable and possibly (slightly) low cut top, the will make sure her hair is nice and clean, and her face has a basic make up just to show her cheek bones or nice lips or beautiful eyes.

If a woman is NOT prepared to put this effort in then she clearly does NOT want attention. If she does put this effort in then maybe she DOES want some attention. . . but listen here . . . staring at her boobs is not a nice bit of attention to attract unnessesarily.

if you boys notice her boobs, and she maybe revealing a little bit of cleavage then fine, have a look. but DO NOT stare. Instead turn your attention to her hair &/or face and compliment her on her nice hair, or that new lip gloss you've noticed. Even tell her her perfume is nice!! Dont go over board and tell her all of the above. Just pick one.

Now be good boys, keep your naughty manners in your pants. and use your good manners sufficiently. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

What is this, perving etiquette for bold boys? Jesus H. Christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ChewChew wrote: »

If a woman wants her bum, boobs, hair, face, whatever to be noticed. . then she will do the following. . . She will wear nice trousers that are beautifully tailored to hug her bottom. She will wear a respectable and possibly (slightly) low cut top, the will make sure her hair is nice and clean, and her face has a basic make up just to show her cheek bones or nice lips or beautiful eyes.

If a woman is NOT prepared to put this effort in then she clearly does NOT want attention. If she does put this effort in then maybe she DOES want some attention. . . but listen here . . . staring at her boobs is not a nice bit of attention to attract unnessesarily.

if you boys notice her boobs, and she maybe revealing a little bit of cleavage then fine, have a look. but DO NOT stare. Instead turn your attention to her hair &/or face and compliment her on her nice hair, or that new lip gloss you've noticed. Even tell her her perfume is nice!! Dont go over board and tell her all of the above. Just pick one.

Now be good boys, keep your naughty manners in your pants. and use your good manners sufficiently. ;)

What are you on about...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

ChewChew wrote: »

What? :confused:

If your opinion was the opinion of women at large I would be up a tower with a rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Thaedydal wrote: »
    And do you know how sexual harassment is measured ?
    By the impact on the person.

If this is true then it's incredibly unfair .... don't like someone in the office? Claim you felt they were sexually harassing you by the way they walked in the office every morning. There should be objective measurements for these things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

you've gotta weigh up the situation here. grab both her boobs with both hands, look her in the eye and say " weyheyheyheyhey". always lets you know if she appreciates the attention. then leg it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement