Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does it pay?

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

20 euro each way on harrington.

quarter odds top six.

He finished tied fifth with two others.

How do you work out winnings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Quarter the odds. Then apply the 20 euro place bet onto it. Take that plus your 20 back and that ought to be your return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

What odds did you back him at? I presume most firms were 1/4 odds, first 5 places for this. Because there was 3 in 5th I think you only get 1/3 of the place bet. So it would be 1/4 the odds times €6.67, plus €6.67 stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

I often found calculating each way golf bets confusing until I found this site http://www.bettingmad.com/settling.asp#4. Padraig was generally 25/1 at the start. So it works out as €20 multiplied by places paid which are 5th & 6th divided by number of dead heaters (3) and that figure applied at full odds which is 25/4 (6.25). So €20*2/3 = €13.33. €13.33*6.25+€13.33 = €96.64. Nice work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

MarkOShea wrote: »
    What odds did you back him at? I presume most firms were 1/4 odds, first 5 places for this. Because there was 3 in 5th I think you only get 1/3 of the place bet. So it would be 1/4 the odds times €6.67, plus €6.67 stake.

backed him at 25/1 and they were definitely paying top six a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MarkOShea

€96.64.

Spot on. They were paying 2 places between the 3 ties so it's 2/3 the stake. And you're right about golf bets being a nightmare to work out! I used to work in a shop a bit and always got lumped with the manual sports bets at the end of the day. Not fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Paddy Irishman

It pays to shop around though. I know of one firm who were going 1/4 odds first 7 places and their prices were in line with everyone else. In this case the OP would have got the full €20 place at odds of 7.25 an extra €48.36 for the same bet. :(

Advertisement