Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Aksiums

Options
  • 14-04-2008 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

i have seen many prices for mavic aksiums on the internet. but is €160 from your LBS good value? i presume he quoted me for the 2008 wheelset.

i needed a set of spare wheels, so nothing too fancy. however they do look kinda cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

€160 is cracking value, that's cheaper than you'll get them on the internet. Would not be bad value even for the 2007s. They get good reviews and forum reports as a reliable wheelset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Freddy687

That is a good price alright.
    I bought a set last October for winter training, paid €200.
    Found them to be very reliable, great for training, stayed very true through the winter.
    Had to put the back wheel on as a spare on saturday morning, broke a spoke on the Bronteger SSR, that I changed back to at start of March.
    The Aksium felt like I was riding with the brakes on and Lets face it the SSR are not going to set the racing world alight for their speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

ProbikeKit have the 2008 for 153Euro shipped, 160Euro is really good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

blorg wrote: »
    €160 is cracking value, that's cheaper than you'll get them on the internet. Would not be bad value even for the 2007s. They get good reviews and forum reports as a reliable wheelset.

I got them for 120 euro off ebay.

Advertisement