Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you crave when Pregnant?

Options
  • 14-04-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

Hey Ladies,

What did you fancy when you were pregnant?

On no 1 for me it was strawberry or orange ice pops. And jam donuts

On no 2 it was tomatoes.

Anyone crave anything strange?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Donuts and dark Bounty bars were late pregnancy cravings for me, in week 34+; in early pregnancy, I craved green beans and apple juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Chalk. The brand I liked was Playwrite, which my local newsagent stocked at the time, then I eventually found another shop 10 miles away that sold it when my local stopped. I'd eat a stick a day at first, then progressed to a pack a day. It was non-toxic so there was no question of it being harmful, but my doctor was very worried and begged me to stop as I was very bunged-up IYKWIM. I managed to stop eating it when I was 7 months pregnant, only because I started drinking pints of soya milk as it had the same taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

kelle wrote: »
    Chalk. The brand I liked was Playwrite, which my local newsagent stocked at the time, then I eventually found another shop 10 miles away that sold it when my local stopped. I'd eat a stick a day at first, then progressed to a pack a day. It was non-toxic so there was no question of it being harmful, but my doctor was very worried and begged me to stop as I was very bunged-up IYKWIM. I managed to stop eating it when I was 7 months pregnant, only because I started drinking pints of soya milk as it had the same taste.

Thats mad!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭shell42970

With my first, I craved nectarines, cottage cheese, and milk.

With this one (due September), I can't get enough watermelon.
    Also, I occasionally crave meat- a bummer, since I'm a vegetarian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Breadsoda and milk ! It was the only thing that got rid of my heartburn! But no i did not have any cravings part from the last one where i loved toffee cookies with supermilk!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

ice...i used to chew on ice all the time..my gums got all swollen and cut but i didnt care..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I drank easilty two litres of milk a day on both of them.
    It was garlic bread on the first one and burnt toast with jam and pickles on the second.
    shell42970 wrote: »
    With this one (due September), I can't get enough watermelon.
    Also, I occasionally crave meat- a bummer, since I'm a vegetarian.

Sell I would suggest mentioning this to your Dr and see if you need aditional suplements.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

I craved bleach and cleaning products on the first. I obviously didnt give in so I substituted it with blue cool pops or slushie drinks as they were the most chemically tasting things.

I also drank a litre of cranberry juice a day on my first.

On my second, I craved brussel sprouts in early pregancy and watermelon in late pregnancy.

on both pregnancys I really loved to sit in the bath and suck a warm wet sponge :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

With my first I went through phases of having cravings for things. The cravings changed every couple of weeks. I remember having cravings for pears and I had to force myself not to eat more than 4 a day. Then once that passed I'd crave chicken burgers but really had to force myself to try and ignore it but did give in and have a couple over a few weeks. I used to nibble on 2 packets of twiglets a day to try and keep the nausea at bay and to override the metalic taste I had in my mouth.

I cannot remember many of my cravings with my second lad apart from rice krispies.

I went off more things than I got cravings for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

On a side note, my husband loves the garlic dip from the local chippy. He's been blaming "the wife's pegnancy cravings" for getting just a tub of dip and nothing else (he dips toast or chicken bits into it), and does so even now the twins are 2 months old!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

On my first I craved fizzy and sour sweets - so sour they made my eyes water. On my second I couldn't get enough orange juice, orange ice-pops, orange everything - he has orange hair I wonder if that's why?. On my third it was pineapples. I ate at least one a day. My mother used to eat coal when she was pregnant and actually used to lick the inside of the fireplace sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

babyboom wrote: »
    On my first I craved fizzy and sour sweets - so sour they made my eyes water. On my second I couldn't get enough orange juice, orange ice-pops, orange everything - he has orange hair I wonder if that's why?. On my third it was pineapples. I ate at least one a day. My mother used to eat coal when she was pregnant and actually used to lick the inside of the fireplace sometimes!

Thats funny you mention the red head thing, I have been craving, orange juice, oranges and marmalade.

And I drove to Slane to Georges Patisserie for Carrot Cake on Saturday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I just craved icecream.
    Kelle and MLE... you're weird !! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Raw carrots! I used to eat pounds of them every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

I never craved anything with my first...i felt like i was missing out!!! Im only 9 weeks gone this time and so far no cravings!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Isn't it great that the body mainly craves healthy things....except for you couple of weirdos of course :D

Mashed carrots and potatoes with butter for me, baby food really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 NiamhEile

I went through a phase of craving parsley, now, with one week to go, I am craving ice-cream and yoghurts, and also meat through the whole pregnancy, when I wasn't ever a big meat-eater before... with the two babies draining me, it's no wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

On the first, I craved petit filous and cans of coke (couldn't sleep a wink and didn't get why until someone mentioned I had just consumed 4 cans of coke in a row:rolleyes:)

On the second, chewy toffee sweets and SEX..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Oh I was mad about strawberry milk... No particular brand once it was sweet and pink lol :D

Like one of the posters before, I dont eat red meat or pork but I had huge cravings for sausages... like big time. I lived next door to a chipper and everyday I would walk by licking my lips thinking about sausages... ha ha..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Triple X strong mints. Trebor wouldn't do at all. Had to be Triple X as they had a certain crunch.

I never liked mints before that and still don't. Son is a mintaholic though:D

Loop the loops but only at four in the morning. The craving woke me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Hash Browns on brown soda bread, murdered me with heartburn although my little man had heaps of hair.

Galaxy chocolate in the last 3 months.

Advertisement