Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something I want to say about tibet.

Options
  • 14-04-2008 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I want to say something about what tibet to western people.
    Firstly, how many people have ever been to tibet and how many people know the real histroy of tibet? Don't tell me that everything you know about tibet is from the media. I don't want to say that the media is absolutely telling lies. But I think if you want to say something about tibet, you should read some histroy first.
    Not saying what happened in tibet several days ago, let's talk about the old tibet first. Does anyone know that it was a slavery society in old tibet? There's no human rights for 95% of tibetens. I know a lot of western people thought tibetens were rich in their minds, but I want to say, they are really very poor in materials, abusolutely very, very,.... very poor. Even more, they didn't have even a little human rights. I don't want to say more details, if you want to know, you can study the histroy by yourselvies.
    And the Dalai lama, maybe he is a good religious leader. But if he want to be a political leader, I think even the tibetens won't agree. Why don't he want to be a pure religious leader and only deal with religious affairs? I think everyone knows it is dangerous to mix religion and politics, think about the middle aged period in Europe.
    Secondly, a lot of western people will say that China is not a democracy country, I agree. So does China should copy the western democracy system immediately? I don't think so. Every nation has its own road and there's an old saying that "every road leads to Rome". China is an old country and has a long histroy. How many people here studied the histroy of China? If not, study the histroy of Europe and US as well. When the black people have the right to vote? When the women have the same right with men? Even in western countries, there's a process to achieve democracy, why do you want China to achieve democracy immediately, not according to its own situation. Can you give me an example of a developping coutry that it adopt western democracy system and its economy is beyond China?
    Here, I want to give a suggestion to western people and media, give enough respection to other civilization. Maybe they are enough puissant in the world now, but every civilization has ever been puissant.
    My English is poor, so I don't want to say more though I have a lot of ideas actually.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

xiangan, there are several threads open on the subject of China and Tibet. Please feel free to contribute to those.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement