Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not allowed post in certain forums

Options
  • 14-04-2008 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I tried to post this in the helpdesk forum, as i know that's the place for it, but it said I didn't have permission to post there (ironic really as that's the porblem I was posting about) The same happens in the UCD forum and I think it has happened somewhere else as well. I never even remember posting in the helpdesk forum before so I can't see how I could be banned from there, but yet it says my account doesn't have permission???

Apologies again for it not being in the helpdesk forum but I didn't know where else to post it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Have you tried logging out, clearing your cookies and logging in again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

yes several times. In fact it won't even let me read the UCD forum when i am logged in so I have to log out every time I want to read it (let alone post in it, which is obviously impossible given that i would have to log in)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Could you have been banned for any reason?

I can't ever even recall posting in the UCD forum (maybe once a year or so ago when I was enquiring about a course) and I am almost 100% sure I have never posted in the helpdesk forum before :( It's a puzzle alright :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I have the same problem with the paranormal forum.
    I've never posted there but when I try accessing it, it seems like I'm banned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

PM your friendly Mod or CMod/SMod and ask them to check the access lists for the forums you're having problems with. They'll be able to tell you if you're banned or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You are on the banlist for UCD. The mods are Raphael, The_Minister, çrash_000 (category mods) hullaballú (category mods).

thanks a mill for that guys, though I don't know why i have been banned (maybe it knows I used to go to trinity :D) have pm'ed a mod. still doesn't explain why i can't access the helpdesk though.

thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I certainly never banned you.

I checked your 3 posts in the forum, all seem fine, so I have unbanned you.

*Gasp* A feedbck thread that achieved something!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*Gasp* A feedbck thread that achieved something!
    Hurrah! Though this isn't feedback. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement