Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone emulator

Options
  • 14-04-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Is there one available and if so where do I download it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've just been looking for the same thing today, with not much luck.

Some places do an online tester, but I can't find a proper emulator like the Blackberry one. By the way, I've already noticed little rendering differences between Safari on my PC and on my iPod touch, so bear that in mind if you download Safari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What would you be looking to do with it? For what platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It would be for windows and I want it to test my mobile web apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Some bad news then - there is no windows iphone emulator - tis all done on macs

You could try safari for windows or get your hands on an iphone for testing - but other then there, as far as I know there is no windows emulator available

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

There's iphoney and also an emulator with the iphone sdk. However, you need a mac to run both of these. Haven't looked for anything on the PC as I'm using my MAC for testing stuff. If you haven't got a mac or can't justify the cost of getting one, you could pick up an iPod Touch 8GB for about €280. It's the same as the iphone without the phone and camera.

HTH, Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

IPhoney is available here from Sourceforge. It's written in something called Objective C and is available for OS X only.

From their discussion forum:
    Are you working on an iPhoney for Windows?

Marketcircle isn't, no. The engineering effort required would be too great since a lot of the "meat and potatoes" functionality of iPhoney is provided by the Apple kits - WebKit, AppKit, and QuartzCompositor.

iPhoney clocks in at around 2000 lines of code which really just represent "glue" between the various pre-fab components Apple provides. A Windows version of the same code would require us to recreate a good deal of what Apple provides - rendering the whole thing not much of an off-hours project any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

I presume with this being the web dev forum its a iphone safari emulator your looking for?
    If you there is a plugin available for Aptana IDE: http://www.aptana.com/iphone

P.S. i use Aptana on Windows XP

Advertisement