Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Paying 4 Car in Northern Ireland

Options
  • 14-04-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Heading north in a couple of days to collect my new...1 year old car :)
    Question is ....has anyone else here paid for their imported cars using Maestro?
    Maestro and Cirrus are available on Laser cards. The garage says its acceptable but the bank says it might not go through it the north dues to limits been placed on it. Standard card limits that is.
    Anyone use it and did they have any problems? If yes What problems did they have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

Just get a sterling bank draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

klaus23 wrote: »

+1 , Altreab - what did you buy m8?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

never had any trouble using the maestro abroad but the money doesn't actually leave your account until a few days after you've used it.

would reccomend a sterling bank draft for a car purchase as well or a bank transfer if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

I got a Sterling draft to cover the bulk of the cost and used the maestro to pay the balance. Better that way in case there are any last minute hitches :)
    and for those who asked its Skoda Octavia vRS Diesel :)
    Just a few more days and the adaptations will be done and i get to drive it like i stole it :D

Yesterday was a long days driving....530 miles in total. Was wrecked last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

Nice one. Well wear! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Nice one. Well wear! :D

heheheh have an awful that what will wear the fastest are the auld tyres :)

Advertisement