Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many have YOU gone through

• 14-04-2008 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

How many years has it been since the 360 launch? Two? o be honest I can't remember but that's not the point of the thread. Personally I have gone through 2 of the mighty consoles (I'm on my third a nice and green Halo 3 addition one:D) I want to know how many you guys have gone through since the launch

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

2 in the house

neither have had any problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

1 only (so far).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭collie1

2.my launch one and a year old one.both have been serviced recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

What a p1sstake.

I think its outrageous that they are producing a product that is almost expected to break. Tottaly unacceptable for me. But if people are willing to pay.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Still on my original one. Bought 6 months after launch.

• Advertisement

Babybing wrote: »
    I think its outrageous that they are producing a product that is almost expected to break. Tottaly unacceptable for me. But if people are willing to pay.:rolleyes:

the majority of people have never had a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

3, one broke, got it repaired, my little brothers use that now and I have an elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

Helix wrote: »
    the majority of people have never had a problem

i would say the majority of people have had a problem. purely judging by the number of complaints - has anyone seen a level of complaints of this magnitude about any other piece of hardware? I've never seen any.

its an absolute disgrace - not just the number of faults which may be 15% may be 30% or whatever, its the number of repeated occurrences which is staggering - people getting "repaired" 360's with RROD on arrival. shambles. check the sticky at the top! This will only get worse until they replace every affected console on the planet with an edition of the 360 with revised hardware.

not only are people willing to pay, they are willing to take it which is even more amazing

the fact that so many people have REPORTED problems proves it - what about all the people who haven't?? not everyone is glued to a social network or bulletin board with a massive fan base - there are plenty of kids and parents out there who think they are just unlucky - i know a few of em. people on here prob know a few of em too.

also unprecedented that MS admit the fault. are there similar threads on the PS3 or WII forums? not to this extent in the slightest (yes i know someone who's ps3 jacked in but only ONE!)

im on my 3rd 360 (1 RROD, bought new 1 in interim, new 1`on the way, i feel dirty now but gotta get my game on) - total shame - best games of this gen, best features but PIECE OF SH1T hardware. noisy too. runs way too hot and BREAKS. simple as. I never played mine much which prob prolonged its life artificially.

this needs to be brought to watchdog or on mat coopers show to show the people who dont know how widespread this problem is that they are not just unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

kensutz wrote: »

I salute your patience sir - is it worth it? This example I think illustrates my point perfectly, maybe you should keep sending em back just to see how many you can get through! :D

forgot to add my new sig - I feel it's appropriate for you Kensutz - sorry :o

360%20haha.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I own 4 and 3 died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

4, my forth is going back to ms tommorrow, sending me a brand new console. They are a shower of ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Got a launch upgraded to the elite, never had a moments bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Bought one at christmas and it copped out on me 4 days later:( went and got a new one not a bother since. I love xbox 360 even with their problems i still think they are an amazing box of joy:D
    Hehe thats what i get for buying from tescos:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The fact that I'm on number 3 and feel "lucky," compared to others speaks volumes abut their reliability.

But then again that so many people have had failures and either gone through the repair process 1, 2, 3 and more times and even replaced with a new SKU during repair also says a lot about quality of games and experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

00sully wrote: »
    i would say the majority of people have had a problem. purely judging by the number of complaints - has anyone seen a level of complaints of this magnitude about any other piece of hardware? I've never seen any.

its an absolute disgrace - not just the number of faults which may be 15% may be 30% or whatever, its the number of repeated occurrences which is staggering - people getting "repaired" 360's with RROD on arrival. shambles. check the sticky at the top! This will only get worse until they replace every affected console on the planet with an edition of the 360 with revised hardware.

not only are people willing to pay, they are willing to take it which is even more amazing

the fact that so many people have REPORTED problems proves it - what about all the people who haven't?? not everyone is glued to a social network or bulletin board with a massive fan base - there are plenty of kids and parents out there who think they are just unlucky - i know a few of em. people on here prob know a few of em too.

also unprecedented that MS admit the fault. are there similar threads on the PS3 or WII forums? not to this extent in the slightest (yes i know someone who's ps3 jacked in but only ONE!)

im on my 3rd 360 (1 RROD, bought new 1 in interim, new 1`on the way, i feel dirty now but gotta get my game on) - total shame - best games of this gen, best features but PIECE OF SH1T hardware. noisy too. runs way too hot and BREAKS. simple as. I never played mine much which prob prolonged its life artificially.

this needs to be brought to watchdog or on mat coopers show to show the people who dont know how widespread this problem is that they are not just unlucky.

Ive had mine 8 months and never had a problem.

A mate of mine is on his third PS3 in 6 months. I do not buy this argument that the PS3 is in any way more reliable than the Xbox but people seem to jump on the Xbox case because its made by MS. The Xbox return rate is about 30% I believe but PS3 return rates vary wildly between 10 and 40 percent, theres no exact figures.

You can be damn sure the return rate for the PS3 would be as high if not higher if they were actually being used as much and this will not be know until the games library for the PS3 is as good/wide as that for the Xbox and people are gaming on them at a serious rate.

As for watchdog or the last word...MS give a 3 year warranty on RROD...free delivery, free repair, free return...what more can they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

im still going strong with mine got it shortly after oblivion came out. Everyone I know with one seems to be getting rrod so im half suspecting ill be following them at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

1st died of rrod. Second was a replacement from the shop I had for a few days before taking it back. When you turned to the controllers on the console wouldn't power up. Nothing major but it annoyed me and they actually swapped it for a brand new one.

3rd had to be sent back for repair a while back but has been fine ever since. It'll die again someday though. Ms are a f*ckin joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Only had one - have it for 18 months now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

There are so many complaints because that's what this country is about. No one posts up randomly to say "hi, I have an xbox360 and it hasn't died" - no problem, no posts. So yes, there are complaints everywhere, but compared still to the number of xbox's out there they are NOT a majority. Even on here you can see good few people coming in saying no probs.

And anyone who has gone through 7 or so should knock their heating down a couple of degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

2 in the house

neither have had any problems

SNAP! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

2 in the house, original launch console failed after a few months and sent back, but no problems since, and second one never had any issues. Got one for someone else who has never had an issue with his either. </shrug>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Bought an Elite 6 months ago and haven't had a problem with it. On the other hand, a mate of mine had a Wii die on him the other day!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

A poll would have been nice,

3 or more

or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm on my 5th, its defintely worth it as apart from the hardware problems, its by far the best console I've owned (and I have had most of them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

We've 2 in the house. One has broke twice, the other hasn't yet

i would say the majority of people have had a problem. purely judging by the number of complaints

~30%

that means 70% never have an issue

if you have one machine that develops a problem, youre in the **** coz theyll keep sending you refurbs which are statistically more likely to die again, based on numbers we're seeing from people who have had multiple replacement machines. if you have a machine that doesnt develop a fault, youre grand

• Advertisement

~30%
    that means 70% never have an issue

30% is acceptable?

I had mine from launch day and only got the RROD 2 weeks ago. I expect a lot more to happen from now on as usage creeps up on some used less vigorously especially with GTA4 around the corner.

someone said complaints are cuz Irish people complain? i never heard one complaint about the original xbox - i still have mine in fact and working perfectly - i am not anti MS. I love the 360 for the games and features but the hardware is broken its a fact.
    bucks73 wrote: »
    MS give a 3 year warranty on RROD...free delivery, free repair, free return...what more can they do?

err actually FIX ones that get sent back or REPLACE them with new ones that wont break. did you not read people getting RROD 2 minutes after receiving a "repair"?
    And anyone who has gone through 7 or so should knock their heating down a couple of degrees.

yes and we should put them out in the middle of our living rooms with a couple of fans pointed at them :rolleyes: "fit for purpose" every tv appliance sits under the tv.
    if you have one machine that develops a problem, youre in the **** coz theyll keep sending you refurbs which are statistically more likely to die again

ahh thats fair :pac:

I will keep my 360 purely for the games but MS handling of this is far from acceptable. when more peoples 360's die on this thread who haven't had a problem ye should report it to the sticky on top! it'll happen to 30% of you statistically :p

Advertisement