Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cappavilla

Options
  • 14-04-2008 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm hoping to go to Limerick next year in order to do the English and History Course. I put a deposit on the Cappavilla Campus and have been guaranteed a place.

A lot of my friends have told me that Cappavilla is far away from the English and History Buildings and I wanted to know if that's true? I don't mind if it's relatively far (as in if its the furthest apartments away) but I am concerned if it is actually far.

How many minutes of a walk is it?

If you can upload any sort of map, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

There's a map on the UL website. I presume English & History is in the main building, in which case you will not be far away from Cappavilla whatsoever. In fact, it doesn't matter where you are, with the new bridge open Cappavilla is now quite close to the main buildings on campus. Also a great place to stay for first years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

+1 Cappavila is a nice spot. My GF lives up there. She is in the main building for most her lectures and finds it very handy with the new bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

English and History: you'll be all over the place tbh... I suppose in the main you could generalise and say you'll be in the main building mostly, which is close enough to the bridge so not that bad. You'll only have 12 hours of classes a week anyway so mostly you'll be in the library (;)) which is also close to the bridge. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Map

It's no more than a 10 minute walk. All the on campus housing is close to everything (compared to my 25 minute walk to college)

Cappavilla is only far away from stuff if you're lazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Might see you OP next year.

cson is making his way to The Villa next year too. They should be finished the building up there soon, much preparation being made for my arrival :cool:

There is the small matter of having to pass the exams of course though :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Thanks very much guys!
    I appreciate it a lot!

And cson! Hope to see you up there - wth a bit of luck, we'll both get in! :D

What course you hoping to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

And cson! Hope to see you up there - wth a bit of luck, we'll both get in! :D

What course you hoping to do?

cson is already in UL although I can't remember what course he's doing.

cson is a laccy.

A very messy one on occaision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cson wrote: »
    cson is a laccy.

:pac:

Do tell stories :)

+ 1
    kaimera wrote: »
    :pac:

Do tell stories :)

I'm not going to tell tales because I think he could get me back with stories from the Lodge a few weeks ago :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I'm hoping to go to Limerick next year in order to do the English and History Course. I put a deposit on the Cappavilla Campus and have been guaranteed a place.

me too!:D
    so gladthere is gonna be other 1st years there too!:)

I'm kinda regretting putting down The Villa now, I'm fearful it won't be as good craic as Kilmurry was this year. I mean couches out on the lawns, coming back with cones, cats and signs... Having a waterfight on the first sunny day of the year... I have a feeling that type of behaviour would be "abhorred" in Cappa. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 emerlom

im livin in cappa at the mo and its savage!!! its bout 10 min walk to college and then ur at the main buildin and i presume that where u would have most of ur lectures and tutorials...:) u cud always get a bike.

The craic is minus 90 though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

May I remind you..You are there to get an education, not to have fun!!:pac:

....I'm such a teacher!!:D

Now if only I could have followed my own wise advise regarding my own education, perhaps I wouldn't be trying to gather notes and readings today for my upcoming exam..tomor!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    May I remind you..You are there to get an education, not to have fun!!:pac:

....I'm such a teacher!!:D

Now if only I could have followed my own wise advise regarding my own education, perhaps I wouldn't be trying to gather notes and readings today for my upcoming exam..tomor!

See, you're the type of tenant that'd be atypical of The Villa. Far too studious for anyone elses good. You negate my craic. Severely.

See, you're the type of tenant that'd be atypical of The Villa. Far too studious for anyone elses good. You negate my craic. Severely.

I hate to break it to you Cson, but you'll no longer be a firstie next year. There'll be a new batch with automatic rights to Permanent Fun while the rest have diminished allowances of Fun allocated to them based upon year group.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I hate to break it to you Cson, but you'll no longer be a firstie next year. There'll be a new batch with automatic rights to Permanent Fun while the rest have diminished allowances of Fun allocated to them based upon year group*.

* Fun quota for final year becomes limitless for 2 weeks following submission of FYP

ninty9er is regulated by the electoral commission to carry on businessin the Republic of Ireland and European institutios^ Terms and conditions apply

^may not actually be true

Meh, Orientation Week is gonna be super fun next September. Possibly the high point of the year. The rest could be an anti-climax. Plan = Beer the ring out of it and score a few impressionable first year birds.

My morals are highly dubious. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

My morals are highly dubious. :pac:

Judging from that comment, I don't think he has seen the AH thread yet!!:D

• Advertisement

I sawed it now.

Muchos laffs, even if its at my expense :)

Acronym = Connell School Of Nursing :D

And the Helpdesk thread.... thats now gone :pac:

Advertisement