Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre-season friendlies

Options
  • 14-04-2008 7:50pm

Do Spurs come over every year for a friendly? I ask because I'm still kicking myself for missing last year's game against St Pats. I saw threads about it but it just never occured to me that I could go see my favourite team by travelling up from Limerick.

The sad thing is I've never seen Spurs play but if they come over this year I'll be the first person getting a ticket.

Maybe now with Hughton gone they won't come over though....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

We played Bohs a few years ago as well, lads treated it as a midweek pissup and got tanked 3-0...:mad:

Very unlikely we'll see the team visit Ireland for pre-season this summer, we're off to Rotterdam in August for a tournament with Feyenoord, Celtic and Dortmund. We're also playing Norwich in late July.

You must have an option out of Shannon to Stansted that you could make a league game next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We played Bohs a few years ago as well, lads treated it as a midweek pissup and got tanked 3-0...:mad:

3-1 Ginger Pele notched one in off his left buttock :D

That night was an absolute disgrace - my lowest point as a Spurs fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

3-1 Ginger Pele notched one in off his left buttock :D

That night was an absolute disgrace - my lowest point as a Spurs fan.

If my memory serves me right, hoddle did'nt even turn up that night and left it to Gorman to handle, I was sitting behind our dugout, I gave him awful stick in the 2nd half. Tarrico played well as I remember.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    If my memory serves me right, hoddle did'nt even turn up that night and left it to Gorman to handle, I was sitting behind our dugout, I gave him awful stick in the 2nd half. Tarrico played well as I remember.

Yep, no sign of Hoddle and Tarrico had a mare (along with the other 10 knobs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

You must have an option out of Shannon to Stansted that you could make a league game next year?

True. persoally I'd prefer to watch paint dry rather than travel anywhere beyond crossing the road the for a friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

I remember the night they played a feast of football in Limerick in 1981 - when they won 6-2 with 4 from Hoddle - also 3-0 in Cork in 1989 with both Garys and Gazza on the scoresheet - far cry from the Bohs and Pats games.

Age is a great thing - you forget all the ****e in between!!

galinka wrote: »
    I remember the night they played a feast of football in Limerick in 1981 - when they won 6-2 with 4 from Hoddle - also 3-0 in Cork in 1989 with both Garys and Gazza on the scoresheet - far cry from the Bohs and Pats games.

true. was at both of those games. happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭gerrytack@hotma

i went to the Bohs game earlier when Ossie and Ricky played after winning the world cup.what a memory,im bloddy ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

galinka wrote: »

the older you get the more you have to forget.
    however, the more you forget anyway, so it evens out.

now, we wont the uefa cup in 84, ive forgotten everything after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

I went to the game against Bohs in Dalymount with my godson - what an absolute waste of an evening and we got soaked just to rub it in.
    It just goes to prove my point that friendlies are a waste ot time and only an excuse to rip off the public.

• Advertisement

It just goes to prove my point that friendlies are a waste ot time and only an excuse to rip off the public.

The same can be said more often than not about lague games (especially the away ones) :mad:

I went to the game against Bohs in Dalymount with my godson - what an absolute waste of an evening and we got soaked just to rub it in.

didn't bother with that one thank God.
    The same can be said more often than not about league games (especially the away ones) :mad:

Dunno away days are always good craic though I will concede that its often a case of "A good day out ruined by the football" :D

Advertisement