Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you seen on your travels ???

Options
  • 14-04-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Happened to be on the dublin to waterford train on saturday morning the 9:30 one.. Anyway on the way down to kilkenny I happened to see more pheasants than what I did the whole of last season;) Anyway this is what i happened to see in the one and half hour journey down .....
    One dog fox
    Eight rabbits
    Ten yes I said ten cock pheasants
    Two hen pheasants

It seems to be breeding season for the pheasants..:D:D

So lads what have u seen on your travels

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Gunter Mauser

riflehunter 77 not a lot at 35000 feet, just clouds & more Clouds sorry
    can't help you out much on this one.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

While i was hiking/climbing in the states last year i saw Brown bears, Gray Wolves, bobcats, Mule deer, White tailed deer, Wapiti, Cyotes, Chipmunks, skunks, Bald Eagles, Kingsnake, Bighorn Sheep, Chuckwalla, Burro's, Jackrabbits, Sea lions and much more i can't recollect at the moment.

It is truly a beautiful country once you get off the beaten track, so abundant with wild life and the diversity of the landscape is awe inspiring.

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Hezz700 wrote: »
    While i was hiking/climbing in the states last year i saw Brown bears, Gray Wolves, bobcats, Mule deer, White tailed deer, Wapiti, Cyotes, Chipmunks, skunks, Bald Eagles, Kingsnake, Bighorn Sheep, Chuckwalla, Burro's, Jackrabbits, Sea lions and much more i can't recollect at the moment.

It is truly a beautiful country once you get off the beaten track, so abundant with wild life and the diversity of the landscape is awe inspiring.

Hezz

Ok you win this round :D:D:D
    I could mention what id seen on safari in kenya a few years back, but I think id be here all day.. Sounds like a good trip you had there hezz, I hope you got some good pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

It was a great trip and took a little over 800 photos. I would'nt mind hearing about your safari trip

Hezz700 wrote: »
    It was a great trip and took a little over 800 photos. I would'nt mind hearing about your safari trip

It was a trip of a life time flew into mombassa in kenya for two weeks R &R.. Spent a few days on beach then we hit the national parks. We covered some of tsavo east and west national park, they are the biggest in kenya.Seen everything from the big five to the biggest spiders iv ever seen. The rainy season had just finished so everthing was green.. We had the pleasure of seen the aftermath of a lion kill, i dont how to describe it was unbelieveable. When you watch nature programs on the tv you can hear and see, but what you miss out on is the smell of the kill. We could nearly smell the lion kill from about half a mile away. We spent a few nights in the shimba hills as well which is quite spectacular. Its set up in the rain forest, we stayed in the biggest tree house iv ever seen.. Its well freaky when you hear leapords growling in the middle of the night..Our only let down was our camera at the time it was just a basic 35 mm with no zoom, but we still got some great pictures.
    Would highly recommend it for anyone looking for a great holiday.. It did not break the bank either:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭pestshooter7

Was in australia last summer!
    Shot wild boar and kangaroos, and saw red hinds, sambar stag, crocks, at a distance and every type of bird under the sun!

Was in australia last summer!
    Shot wild boar and kangaroos, and saw red hinds, sambar stag, crocks, at a distance and every type of bird under the sun!

Hey peashooter just wondering did you eat any of the kangroo, had some of it myself when I was over there its great in a stew or off the bbq....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tom Donnavan

red deer, foxes, grey squirel & red squirel, -miles apart, hen and cock phesant, rabbits and hares. seen no badgers in a long time. all driving a van in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Saw a fox and a badger, in Milltown, less than 2 miles from Dublin city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Seeing a lot of pheasants and deer lately between my place and Rathdrum. To be entirely fair, the route consists of the Wicklow Gap and the Clara Vale, so it's kinda to be expected. :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Driving home from Dublin to Trim there is a fantastic black cock pheasant on the same ditch nearly every evening. He's an absolute beauty:)

Advertisement