Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Body & Soul 3rd Year Sociology

• 14-04-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭

Hey does anyone know the exact title of essay number one? I already have the essay done, I just need to know the exact title for an email and the cover sheet. thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

is it really, really, that hard to look it up on blackboard? i just dont understand people who are that lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

is it really, really, that hard to look it up on blackboard? i just dont understand people who are that lazy.

It's not on blackboard, that's why I came on here, don't be such an ass next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Send out a email to the class from Blackboard.

yeah, it is on blackboard. its in the course outline........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

What's everyone doing for the exam? I've done Weber and Durkheim's religion stuff but I'm not really sure what else to do. I thought about Fundamentalism but I can't get a hold of the book. And its two questions isn't it?

• Advertisement

how come you've chose to concentrate on those topics? Why fundamentalism?
    Ive stayed away from any theorists such as durkheim/weber/foucault. am i mad to do this?

Ive stayed away from any theorists such as durkheim/weber/foucault. am i mad to do this?
    Dunno to be honest. There's a couple of sample questions on blackboard and I'm working from that, the only problem is I don't really understand how I can answer some of the questions or what to study for them. There's three 'easy' questions on Durkheim, Weber and one on American vs Islamic fundamentalist (what's the difference between them) but the rest of them...I dunno, how do you answer 'the soul is constituted in and through what is done to the body' ? Is that about consumerism? I've looked at the past exam paper as well, but thats worse, there's a question about comparing Barbie and the Virgin Mary....

I'm not going to bother with fundamentalism but I think I'll try and cover Irish Catholicism and secularization as well as Weber and Durkheim.

the questions are a bit weird alright. id say there will def be a question on irish catholicism anyway,he's obsessed wit that. is there only 1 past exam paper? thats all i could find

where's this past paper?

There's one in the past papers thing in SIS, and another set of questions on blackboard under course documents.

• Advertisement

Yeah I clicked on the one in SIS but I just got error 404.

Scroll further down the page, its called SOC3049 'Body and Soul - Cul Embodiement&Tra' -Summer Exams 2006.

Scroll further down the page, its called SOC3049 'Body and Soul - Cul Embodiement&Tra' -Summer Exams 2006.
    That's got to be a different course, the questions are irrelevant.

ShaneU wrote:
    That's got to be a different course, the questions are irrelevant.
    I thought that at first, but Q.1 is consumerism, Q.2 is secularization, no idea about 3, 4 is probably about irish religious habitus, Q.5 no idea, Q.6 transformation of Irish society. Some of its relevant, some of it I haven't a clue.

Getting ****ing nervy about this :D Even if it wasn't on till 12 or 3 tomorrow I might feel a little better about it, it'd give me a few extra hours to cram. As it is it could be failure.

7 out of 8 questions on religion, madness :pac:

That exam announcer is on something. The pidgeon too, it looked like it was going to have a go at someone at the start.

That exam announcer is on something. The pidgeon too, it looked like it was going to have a go at someone at the start.
    Yeah that announcer is annoying. What pidgeon? :D

At the very start of the exam a pidgeon came out of the rafters and made a few diving swoops. I'm sure it wasn't, but from where I was sitting it looked like it was pretty close to some people. After that, I spent the first ten minutes wondering what they'd do if the pidgeon's started attacking people :pac:

Advertisement