Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M50....the tyre killer?

Options
  • 14-04-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Had new tyres on my car recently. went to dublin for the weekend for a mates birthday. Before i left to head home all tyres were fine. went home via the m50, and got home everything seemed ok. got up this morning. one tyre was flat, the other had a nail in it and was slowly going down. tried to pump the flat one up and the air just hissed out of it.

The only road i was on that im not normally on was the M50. is this a normal occurance for people who travel the M50 on a daily basis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

No your just unlucky

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Did you have to use other roads to get to and from the M50? Whats to suggest that the punctures didn't occur there? They may have even happened outside your house!
    I drive the M50 twice a day and have never had a problem with it (apart from traffic levels, ****e drivers, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

You should check the tyre pressure on them, it's alot easier to get a puncture with low pressure tyres than correctly inflated ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Had new tyres on my car recently. went to dublin for the weekend for a mates birthday. Before i left to head home all tyres were fine. went home via the m50, and got home everything seemed ok. got up this morning. one tyre was flat, the other had a nail in it and was slowly going down. tried to pump the flat one up and the air just hissed out of it.

The only road i was on that im not normally on was the M50. is this a normal occurance for people who travel the M50 on a daily basis?

yeah its normal to go through 1 or 2 tyres a day on the m50 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Actually I was driving to Limerick the other morning and passed 3 cars all just after the Lucan southbound M50 on ramp. They had obviously all joined here and got about 100 yards and they pulled over. I could clearly see all three cars had punctures, the first had two flats.

Somebody must have tipped a load of nails on there somewhere !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Drove on the M50 (Ballyfermot to Bray) this afternoon, front left hand side was feeling "funny", pulled into petrol station in Bray to find slow puncture caused by a phillips head screw....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

just back from the tyre place. had to get two new tyres. one had a screw in it and the other had a big gash in it. 130sterling for the two of them. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Dunno about a tyre killer but it's certainly a soul killer :(

Advertisement