Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close boards down

Options
  • 15-04-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

if you are not capable of running the website then you should close it down,
    or try to sell it to someone who can run it .

it ****ing ridiculous at this stage
    constant problems
    idiots
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

youre funny.

if you dont like it, then why are you posting here?

seriously, youd have to be some fcuking moron to not like a site and continue to use it.

are you a fcuking moron?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Bit rich complaining about something you get for free.

What are you doing to help the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

youre funny.

if you dont like it, then why are you posting here?

where did i say i didnt like it ?
    of course i like it.
    its the best site on the internet, when it works :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

green123 wrote: »
    if you are not capable of running the website then you should close it down,
    or try to sell it to someone who can run it .

it ****ing ridiculous at this stage
    constant problems
    idiots
    why close it its brill,problem will get fixed.Are ye mad to post that.:mad:
    may a infraction will help him:rolleyes:

FruitLover wrote: »
    Bit rich complaining about something you get for free.

What are you doing to help the situation?
    +1

• Advertisement

davey180 wrote: »
    ,problem will get fixed.

you would think so wouldnt you,
    but no, it doesnt get fixed.
    constant ongoing problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

davey180 wrote: »
    Are ye mad to post that.:mad:

Duuuh?

Look at his avatar, he's a tw@t.

They post mad stuff.

what seems to be the problem then?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,432 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I for one can understand why the OP is frustrated at the moment. Every other link I click, I get a database error. Every other private message I click to read (or to send), I also get a database error. Other (busy) web forums do not have these problems. To call on boards.ie to close down is too ridiculous to even start discussing though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

If you care so much subscribe and help fund fixing the issues

• Advertisement

are you people happy with a website that is constantly crashing ?

i just want the site to work properly.

is that too much to expect ?

If you care so much subscribe and help fund fixing the issues
    subscribing might help:rolleyes:

are you people happy with a website that is constantly crashing ?

i just want the site to work properly.

is that too much to expect ?
    Be patient it will get sorted

unkel wrote: »
    Other (busy) web forums do not have these problems. .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

And I want world peace, tampons free on the national health service, a chocolate cake the size of my head, and to win the lottery, but I don't get those either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I for one can understand why the OP is frustrated at the moment. Every other link I click, I get a database error. Every other private message I click to read (or to send), I also get a database error. Other (busy) web forums do not have these problems. To call on boards.ie to close down is too ridiculous to even start discussing though...

I have to agree. I'm a subscriber so none of you need bother coming at me with the "How can you complain about something that's free routine"! I'm happy to subscribe, Boards is a fantastic site and well worth the subscriber fee. I do intend to keep my subscription too. (By the way Davey, The Recliner is also a subscriber so get down off your bloody high horse there! :rolleyes:)

But recently it's been extremely frustrating. Constant time out's or database errors. What's going on? How long is it likely to continue? Is there specific work that's going on?

PS. I just got Database error while posting! Extremely annoying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

OP!

Go do something productive like giving out to your parents for bringing you into this world.
    Tell them the internet sent you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, and ive been here for over 10 years and the number of incidents we have had i can probably count on one hand.

oh wow, a couple of issues with a website. my important opinions wont get heard. i must cry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, OP I understand your frustration too but I think it's just the way you're addressing it that's resulting in such hostility here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I guarantee your the type of "Customer," who calls every provider you have, simply outraged, that your broadband/mobile/ISP/septic tank etc has had a blip, or as you might put it, "A complete outage"

I'd imagine you demand all manners of supervisors and are frequently,"Outraged beyond belief," and probably have uttered the phrase "I DEMAND COMPENSATION," a few times.

Thing is you pay for these services, and as a customer can change if you'd like.
    You pay nothing to Boards, have no consumer rights.

But as others have pointed out, you can indeed move, post elsewhere if you so choose.

• Advertisement

This is more than just a "blip" - there's no need for attacking the OP just because this is Feedback (a lot of people seem to have the attitude of "oh yay, someone started a thread in Feedback. Must... go... there... to... attack/ridicule".
    However OP, obviously this is nobody's fault and it's being worked on. Not good form to be getting cranky about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Other (busy) web forums do not have these problems. ...

eH, YES, they do. I'm member of some other similarly sized forums and they've all given me the "please be pateint while we try to sort out the problem" line at some point or another.

This only about the second or third time I rememebr boards having a problem in two and a bit years. Decent average, I'd say.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

OH NOES!!! boards has been down for a few hours!

FOLLOW ME!!

SICK3.gif

It's been going on in varying degrees over quite a while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    eH, YES, they do. I'm member of some other similarly sized forums and they've all given me the "please be pateint while we try to sort out the problem" line at some point or another.

This only about the second or third time I rememebr boards having a problem in two and a bit years. Decent average, I'd say.

In fairness the first year or two I used boards, problems were rare and isolated; recently it seems to be getting worse and worse as the months go by so I wouldn't think it is accurate to describe this as a super rare occurrence.

Not complaining by the way, but I do feel it has gotten worse continuously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I for one am bloody grateful that at least this thread made it through the ether.

yeah, and ive been here for over 10 years and the number of incidents we have had i can probably count on one hand.

oh wow, a couple of issues with a website. my important opinions wont get heard. i must cry...

that is nonsense whitewashman

i have been using the site for about 4 years (didnt sign up for ages) and there have been hundreds of issues, such as slowdowns and freezing and database and various problems

OH NOES!!! boards has been down for a few hours!

FOLLOW ME!!

SICK3.gif
    lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Bollocks. I've been in this silly (IT) game for 16 years now. Everything goes tits up at some point. Like others have said, subscribe and help keep it running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Dudess wrote: »
    It's been going on in varying degrees over quite a while though.

Exactly! It's not a "once every 8 months occurence". It's been happening more frequently recently.

Boards has had very few issues in the first 20 or so months I've used it. But the last 3/4 months I've noticed more and more time outs and it going down more often. It is frustrating. Maybe there is something going on in the background. It would be nice to know that there was and the amount of time (estimated even) we're going to have issues for though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement