Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close boards down

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,214 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sherifu youre a **** :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Sherifu wrote: »
    Damn, they better not visit http://www.seizurerobots.com
    I had to visit it!! My eyes my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

FruitLover wrote: »
    Bit rich complaining about something you get for free.

What are you doing to help the situation?

Some of us actually pay for the privilege.

And what would expect the OP to do to help the situation? IMO that was a stupid thing to say, if I'm sitting on the bus and it breaks down, the bus driver doesn't ask me to have a look under the bonnet. Don't agree with OP but your remark was equally as inane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Vespian wrote: »
    Some of us actually pay for the privilege.

And what would expect the OP to do to help the situation? IMO that was a stupid thing to say, if I'm sitting on the bus and it breaks down, the bus driver doesn't ask me to have a look under the bonnet. Don't agree with OP but your remark was equally as inane.
    You pay for some extras. Custom avatar, custom tagline, email, bigger PM storage, changing user name. I didn't see guaranteed uptime anywhere.

Show me the contract again. /scratches head

You pay for some extras. Custom avatar, custom tagline, email, bigger PM storage, changing user name. I didn't see guaranteed uptime anywhere.

Show me the contract again. /scratches head

Did I mention guaranteed uptime?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Vespian wrote: »
    Did I mention guaranteed uptime?
    The OP was complaining about boards being down, you said you paid for the privilege. I made a deduction. Apologies if that wasn't what you meant.

The OP was complaining about boards being down, you said you paid for the privilege. I made a deduction. Apologies if that wasn't what you meant.

I was replying to the 'complaining about something you get for free' comment, meaning that some people do pay but that it's irrelevant? Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

we dont get enough for free in general these days. I remember the days of going into the local grocery shop and old missus wetherspoon would ruffle my hair and hand me a Chomp bar and say, "there you go you little rascal, say hi to your ma".

its the hair ruffling i miss, not the chomp bars. She did have pointy fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

If anything this thread has highlighted how some people are hopelessly dependent / addicted to boards.ie. Its funny to imagine when every now and then boards goes down theres people out there franticly hitting the refresh button, sweats coming down their brow, scratchse on their arms, twittering whilst biting their nails. All the time growing more and more anxious. Why not try boads.us. The Methadone version to boards.ie. Not as good but a good substitute in times when you cant get your hands on the good stuff.

We all love boardsie and these problems are rare occurrences. Be sure that when it does people are working like monkeys to fix it. Just be patience. Visit another site. Chill and read a book or watch some tv, rent a film. Someone is working on a solution. And when its found do people ever thank those responsible? Like **** they do! You only ever get the moaners. Just be happy that boards exists at all.

In the spirit of chinese friendly democracy i say ban those who dont realise how good they have it or ignorantly criticize boards. Time for the iron fist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

The last time that the iron fist was employed, we received a great deal of complaints regarding Asok.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement