Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law and Order

• 15-04-2008 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

Does anyone watch the series of Law and Order/Criminal Intent thats currently showing on RTE2 Sunday nights. The scheduling of it is particularly poor (even for RTE) it can be on anytime between 10.30 and 1am. They managed to show a repeat sunday night:rolleyes:
    Its very good tho, classic crime drama.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clicker

Yeah, love it! It must have been hit by the screenwriters strike and that's why it was a repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

So theres at least 2 of us!! I always though we were about two series behind so writers strike wouldnt make a difference, i have no evidence to back that up tho!:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Currently on Season 4 - does the show remain good into its sixth season? I know that Goren only gets half the episodes now but are the other duo good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clicker

RTE are currently showing Season 7 as far as I know. The week-on week-off works quite well I think because Goran can be quite intense sometimes.

Logan seems to have a different partner each time a new season starts which in one way is good but in another is a bit of a pain because you are only getting used to the new character and then they are replaced.

Yeah your right it is series 7, so RTE are up to date wow! Must have been the writers strike that took it off air.

Last sunday it was an episode of the original Law and Order they aired, which RTE is a season or two behind in, so thats how i got my wires crossed!

Re: CI; I have to say I love the Goran weeks, he's a man on the edge:D
    Thats not to say i dont like the Logan/Falacci combo, I'm getting used to her now, I think she's a good character, hope she stays..

I enjoy McCoy, Fontana and Green in the other one too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I gave up following the series on RTE 2 as the scheduling was all over the place. When it used to be on a Tuesday night, it would be taken off in order to show football. I ended up buying all the series on DVD. I absolutely love Criminal Intent. Goran is my favourite tv detective. I went to 1 Police Plaza when I was in New York and even got to meet Courteney B.Vance (the ADA in the first few series of CI).

Nightwish wrote: »
    I went to 1 Police Plaza when I was in New York and even got to meet Courteney B.Vance (the ADA in the first few series of CI).

No way! :eek: Thats cool!:D I'm gonna invest in some DVDs soon, god knows when RTE will bring it back, i'd say it lost a lot of viewers as you couldnt follow it with their messing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

My parents were in Grand Central Station recently and they were filming an episode of "Law & Order" at the time. However, I don't think they bothered to find what flavour it was - original, CI, or SVU or what the episode was calld or when it would be shown (I'm guessing, given the timing, it'll be one of the final ones this season). They even talked to one of the actors but they've no idea if it was a regular or guest star!! Infuriating! All they know is there are nuns in the episode..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

I think the CI is by far the best Law and Order series - and RTE2 have usually
    had the latest series, I would never miss it. The comment they gave to
    digiguide stated that the episode of the 6th April was the last for the moment.

According to tv.com this (Episode 10) was the last episode completed
    before the WGA strike began on November 5, 2007 so hopefully there are
    more of season 7 to come!

Shane.

shanew wrote: »
    I would never miss it.

Have you never missed it? I have :( because of the fcuked up times i mean. RTE dont have a consistent time slot as they do for other shows such as CSI.

Also thanks for the info re; the last episode. you'd think they would have announced at the end of the ep that it would be the last for a while cos of the strike!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

kerash wrote: »
    Does anyone watch the series of Law and Order/Criminal Intent thats currently showing on RTE2 Sunday nights.

They showed 1 eposode and then it disappeared.

Anybody know where to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

they had some crap snooker game on instead of it last week :rolleyes:

Advertisement