Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C'mon! Let's Get physical! Don't be shy...

Options
  • 15-04-2008 4:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭

Gizmodo wrote:
    We knew it was coming, and now it appears that NVIDIA's acquisition of PhysX maker Ageia is about to pay off. NVIDIA has told analysts that that the conversion of Ageia's physics application interface to CUDA is nearly complete—so if you are running GeForce 8000+ you will soon be able to enjoy the benefits of a physics accelerator via a simple software download. PhysX technology has yet to take off, but with GPU integration, it is poised to breakout in a serious way. In fact, there are around 140 games that are supported or currently in development that utilize the technology. It may also go a long way to silence critics that say GPUs may not be necessary in the future given the increasing power of multi-core CPUs.

And they said I was crazy to favor my Sasha over a 7 series card. Pfft.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

looks good. glad i bought my 2 8800gt now :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Shows how much of a rip off the Physx Accelerators were.... 250 euro for what was basically a low end GPU...... The same calculations can be done in the background on an 8 series card...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just use cpu for physics, sure there's at least 2 cores sitting idle while gaming on my quad. Less money i can give nvidia the better

Advertisement