Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Database Error'

Options
  • 15-04-2008 5:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Oh dear, whats the crack guys? Im getting this alot today and yesterday. I doubt im the only one.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Nope everyone's the same. Thread right here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Boards is broken. Abandon ship! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

*goes off to prepare noose*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Right sure we will start a competition then, how may words can be made out of
    'Database Error'?.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

E-Roar Badtaser

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm getting loads of db errors :(

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

This is doing my head in! :(
    I can't remember the last day when there wasn't some form of connection error on this site

No disrespect intended, as I'm sure lots of people are working hard, and resources are tight etc I'm just frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

ianhobo wrote: »
    This is doing my head in! :(
    I can't remember the last day when there wasn't some form of connection error on this site

No disrespect intended, as I'm sure lots of people are working hard, and resources are tight etc I'm just frustrated
    I can't say i've had any trouble in the last few weeks. What kind of connection errors? Could it be your connection that's at fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

Sherifu wrote: »
    I can't say i've had any trouble in the last few weeks. What kind of connection errors? Could it be your connection that's at fault?

Of course that's quite possible. (I doubt it though -> corporate trunk) I get daily "connection refused" and "connection time-out" errors. These problems only occur at boards.ie and not other sites a visit. Some occur at peaks times, some don't. It could be down to the threads I tend to read, and the resources that those servers have. I'm sure more popular areas receive more resources etc

• Advertisement

Could be indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Just had a Database Error trying to post to this thread! Says it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Me too. seems to be randon though, if I close a window and open it again, I get get in fine.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i'm getting itwith one other forum too...has vBulletin gotten an update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

*generic 'how will we go on without boards.ie' response*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

i'm getting itwith one other forum too...has vBulletin gotten an update?

vBulletin requires an install (kinda like wordpress afaik) and doesn't link to vbulletin's servers directly at all, so unless boards have installed an update (which they haven't from what i can tell), this is definitely not the case.

Seems to just be something wrong with the hamsters.

EDIT: see Vex's announcement here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I may have to actually do some work if it continues :D

/grabs pen to do some work :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

lads its wrecking my head here, someone help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

been getting a lot of these DB errors lately...boards has gone dead slow also. I wonder is anyone doing anything about it or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

*generic 'how will we go on without boards.ie' response*

......and here it is
    I may have to actually do some work if it continues :D

/grabs pen to do some work :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

......and here it is
    Harsh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Harsh!!

....but true!

Ah no, bored of my tits trying to get an assignment done, so any cheap amusing way to entertain myself is gladly taken.

....but true!

+1

Bored of me tits is a term I haven't used in a while but it suits my current work situation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I was actually going for sarcasm there regarding the monotonous posts that normally flood in

• Registered Users Posts: 83,230 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Okay Im touching, knocking on and hugging my wood desk when I say I havent gotten a database error all day o_0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Quick update.

Cult has been massaging the servers most of the afternoon, the increased ram in the webnodes seem to be making things run better together with an unstable node getting some medication.

/me Licks CuLT --- mmmmm tasteh.

Probably no need to ask - but please continue to report any further problems:)

Yay! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks for the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

At least it is better than the story over at politics.ie where you get

General Error
    SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

• Advertisement

Just got one trying to access the Work & Jobs forum.

Advertisement