Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

04 Mazda6 - How many miles left when petrol warning light comes on?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Morning

Anyone know what size petol tank a 04 Mazda6 has?? I'm specifically trying to find out how many miles I have left when the orange light comes on. The only thing it says in the manual is "When light comes on please refuel as soon as possible". Very informative.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Try not to drive on the orange light!
    You'll have approx 10litres usually. Different cars different amounts.
    The size of the petrol tank only matters if you've petrol in it!
    But never really trust the fuel gauge always take it as a guide.

The only way you'll find out how much is left is drive until it dies!
    Sorry for the smart answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Thanks. I always fill up when it comes on but I just wanted a rought estimate in case I got caught short some day in the wilds where there isn't a petrol station every few miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Try to fill up when the fuel gauge is around 1/4 full though if possible. As the tank gets closer to empty, the fuel pump might start sucking up sediment and other bits of dirt that shouldn't be going into the engine!

I don't know about the Mazda6, but when the low fuel light comes on, there is usually about 5-10 litres left in a car(I think that's about 1-2 gallons but I have no idea really), so you can work it out based on the mpg you've been doing how far you've left to go.

Advertisement