Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining laminate with door thresholds

Options
  • 15-04-2008 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping somebody could help me with the following:

I have taken up the carpet in my hall. This hall connects with a couple of rooms, 2 with carpet and one with tiles. When I took up the carpet there were thresholds in place (aluminium) with carpet grips at all doors. In order to lay the laminate should I take these thresholds up before laying the flooring? If so, what type of threshold should I put back down (the doors are very close to the ground and any height would block the door from closing.

Thanks

Babel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

take up the carpet grips: there is a thin stick-on alu trim available in Brooks for most colours: else use a timber trim which is t shaped and fits down in a space u leave between the laminate: have seen them in Brooks and noyeks in finglas:

IMO timber trim is better job, but just an opinion:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭babel

Thanks for the reply. One thing though. Some of the alu trim was connecting carpet to carpet. I took the carpet up in the hall but the alu trim is still used to tack down the carpet in the other room. If I take up the trim the carpet would be loose.

I like the idea of T moulding but is there any thing I can use to attach the carpet under the T moulding? Can i just nail it directly to the floor under the T moudling?

<laminate >T<carpet>

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

there is a single sided carpet grip or else use the normal timber one used underneath around the edges which is nailed to floor

Advertisement