Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meister Glock 17 Discussion.

Options
  • 15-04-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

As per the rules.

As per the rules.

Nice piece this. Sorry about the pics guys, a bit hurried. Well what can I say about Meister...it's not to bad! the construction is as expected, Plastic frame with no major flaws, the odd seam line but nothing to drastic.

The metal slide is a bit rough, not as finished as say a KSC metal slide and the paint job isn't fantastic. The Meister slide has already scuffed the outer plastic coating on the barrel and the top of the ejector port, but a rub with some fine grade water paper should sort that. All the trades are as they should be, muted, as in the RS I could white them out if I was bothered but will leave as is for now. When the piece arrived it was very dry as lubrication goes but was fairly clean so its due a bit of a silicone bath! should all help to keep it in good nick.

The mag seems fine, an almost exact copy of a TM. with the added bonus of a Glock marked base plate which slides off to uncover the valve. Now. the valve is ok, and works but I would say that this is its weakest part. so go careful. takes gas the same as a TM, seems to spew a bit but doesn't leak or vent so thats a bonus too. I haven't ran a TM mag through it yet, but will do, I'm sure it will workout fine.

As to the first test, this thing rocks out of the box!! nice crisp blowback, with a little "ring" to it.....nice.... ran a couple of mags no problems, no stoppages so so far really impressed with it.
    For this kind of money, you really can't go wrong. the sights are a poor copy of the TM night sights, work fine in daylight but have no luminessance at night...but hey, buy a tact light and stick it on the rail!!

value for money 9/10
    built quality 7/10
    Proformance 8/10

delivery from RSOV 10/10, there have been some issues with EMS I believe but this arrived no problems. This has been my first dabble at import from Asia so, so far very impressed.

Iceage...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭crubean

what would you know about it?????
    LOL
    LOL
    Fancy a jog tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

crubean wrote: »
    LOL
    LOL
    Fancy a jog tonight

is it yourself!!! got to see how I'm fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

As per iceage's post it is spot on. The piece also has night sights which glow in the dark which again for a giun of this price, is pretty cool.

Update guys. Am having an issue with the mag, leaking gas when refilling, tryed silicone, tightening the valve. so friad it knackered, if your looking at purchasing one, invest in a spare or couple of spare TM G17 mags. they fit fine and work a treat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

LOL
    LOL
    Fancy a jog tonight

On Topic please Crubean:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

iceage wrote: »
    Update guys. Am having an issue with the mag, leaking gas when refilling, tryed silicone, tightening the valve. so friad it knackered, if your looking at purchasing one, invest in a spare or couple of spare TM G17 mags. they fit fine and work a treat..

do the other 17 mags defo work in it iceage? i tried an 18c mag in keiths one and it didnt work, thats all that put me off buying one so far.,

vtec wrote: »
    do the other 17 mags defo work in it iceage? i tried an 18c mag in keiths one and it didnt work, thats all that put me off buying one so far.,

My TM G17 mags work fine in it Vtec, I think the 18c is a differant mag anyway, tried both my TM ones and no problems. As this is a Tm copy.

This is still a "cheap" piece so keep that in mind guys, there are absolutely no comparisons between a Meister and say a TM or KSC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

cheers man., thats all that was putting me off coz i thought the G17 and 18 used the exact same mag,
    its a really nice pistol for the money though, the trades make it really.,

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Received my Meister Glock 17 2nd edition yesterday (5 days from ordering)

So far very happy with it. For the money hard to fault. Finish is good, but minor details are crude and won't be up to TM G17 ( i have this too). Accepts TM's magazine no problem.

Recoil is great and so is rate of fire. And you can't beat that metallic sound

Initially had problems with metal slider getting 'stuck' and misfeeds. A quick strip and lube plus a few hundred rounds seemed to have cured that. Guess I'm lucky.

In summary its a very decent GBB, especially when price is factored in. Worst case scenario you have a metal slide that's suitable for the TM G17 :p

As I'm not an authority in GBBs, so I won't attempt a full review. But if there's anything particular anyone needs to ask, or comparison with TM G17 just ask :)

Wouldn't be tempted to stick that slide on my TM G17!! its a bit rough around the edges, to put it mildly. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement