Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Taps Bar Pressure

• 15-04-2008 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi,

Was Just wondering could somebody tell me what is the average Bar pressure from a normal Gravity fed system. I am looking to purchase new taps for Bath and Sink and some taps say minimum pressure .5 Bar or 1 Bar. Seen a few which say .2 bar. Just wondering what would suit my house. Any help would be grateful...

TD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

1 atm, 15psi is equiv to 32 feet of water and is almost same as 1 bar
    see
    http://www.shec-labs.com/calc/unit_conversion.php?dim=14&common=T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The most you will get in a house is .5bar from a tank

Sometimes you will only get .2 ,especially upstairs without the tank up high.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

Thanks for the replies Guys.... Much appreciated..

Irocha you may start charging me for all the questions I am annoying your head with...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The only reason I know what the pressure is ,because I service heating systems and the guage always tells what the pressure is.

5 out of ten heating systems are fed from the domestic tank and so it makes it easy to get an idea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tdavfc

311 wrote: »
    The only reason I know what the pressure is ,because I service heating systems and the guage always tells what the pressure is.

5 out of ten heating systems are fed from the domestic tank and so it makes it easy to get an idea:)

Cheers 311, Makes my decision a lot easier now. My house is a bungalow and tank is a good bit away from the bathroom so wont look for taps over .5 bar... Thanks again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wade01

tdavfc wrote: »
    Hi,

Was Just wondering could somebody tell me what is the average Bar pressure from a normal Gravity fed system. I am looking to purchase new taps for Bath and Sink and some taps say minimum pressure .5 Bar or 1 Bar. Seen a few which say .2 bar. Just wondering what would suit my house. Any help would be grateful...

TD

It’s a good decision you have taken, I know it is very frustrating to have bad bath taps at home. I think that internet is the best platform to look for new and latest bath and basin taps; you will find lot of options to choose from, but make sure that you select the best one.

Advertisement