Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick drum programming / drum pad Question

Options
  • 15-04-2008 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

A quick one. Im using a laptop , windows vista (optimised for recording), and tracktion as recording software. Recording pretty basic stuff, but woul dlike to have the electro drum feel. So would Reason be ok to use with tracktion? My laptop will prob crash with vista : o

Any cheapo drum pads I could use otherwise? I can keep a beat, and would just like to program in some lo fi electronic type beats..

to whom it may concern, BTW Im still on for the jam in ennis!

Comments

Allright man,
    by that i take it you're referring to me?..yeah man same as, but im off on holiday there next week and by the time i get back itl be after the bank holiday weekend and then its prettymuch back to work...ill get onto you over boards at some stage and well sort something..regarding you're current question...first of all..get rid of vista..ive used it a bit and do you not find it painfully slow and just generally a pain in the balls?..you'd get way more performance "downgrading" to xp i reckon..vistas pretty much destined to go the way of windows me anyway next year..word on the street has it microsoft are dropping it next year and bringing out windows 7 instead...not sure what the story is with tracktion but im sure you can rewire reason into it, but it'll only be the synths and a drum machine really..there are probably a few free vst drum machines knocking about the net..or idrum is quite cool if you insist on spending money..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

cheers for that. i hear you can screw up your pc if you "downgrade"??

Advertisement