Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sql question

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

i have 3 tables

a company table (jos_company)
    a country table ( jos_country)
    a link table (jos_compctry) so that we can place a company in several countries

what i want to do is only sow the countries that have companies in them

at the moment the following sql works but just gives me all countries with a total count for the companies in each country

SELECT c.id, c.country,c.code2,COUNT(cc.id) AS numoptions FROM jos_country AS c LEFT JOIN jos_compctry AS cc ON (cc.ctryid=c.id) WHERE c.cont=".$id." GROUP BY c.id ORDER BY c.country

however whenever i try to only bring back the countries with entries by adding 'AND numoptions>0 ' i get an error

anyone know how to do this ?
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Your code:
    SELECT c.id, c.country,c.code2,COUNT(cc.id) AS numoptions FROM jos_country AS c LEFT JOIN jos_compctry AS cc ON (cc.ctryid=c.id) WHERE c.cont=".$id." GROUP BY c.id ORDER BY c.country

Try the following:
    SELECT c.id, c.country,c.code2,COUNT(cc.id) AS numoptions FROM jos_country AS c LEFT JOIN jos_compctry AS cc ON (cc.ctryid=c.id) WHERE c.cont=".$id." GROUP BY c.id HAVING COUNT(cc.id)> 0 ORDER BY c.country

Hope this helps.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Thanks Alot!

Advertisement