Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy career and advice

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice regarding a change of career from Technician/engineering to Accountancy/Finance.
    I have a Diploma in Computing from the O.U. (Equivalent to an ordinary Degree level 7 with NQAI) and I am currently studying the Certified Payroll Technician course ran by IPASS.
    I have a keen interest in payroll and am very much up to date with PAYE/PRSI legislation and relevant changes in this area. However I would like to broaden my finance knowledge and complete an honours degree in Business with accountancy and progress onto an ACCA chartered accountancy qualification.
    Would anyone have done something similar in their career path or could you pass on some advice as to the options that might be available to me.
    Any help much appreciated.
    Kind regards,
    Freebee23

Advertisement