Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Service question

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey guys ,

Apologies in advance for yet another BMW service question. I drive a '01 reg 318 SE with 60k on the clock. Inspection II is due shortly. Car has a full service history to date

Need a bit of advice if you don't mind :

- How much can i expect to pay at a dealers (To the nearest million :) ) ?
    - Should i consider a good indy garage ? I've heard good things about AC Car Sales for example
    - Should i keep the full service history for an easier sale down the road ?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Let me summerise what everyone will tell you.

Main dealer SH not required on a 01.
    AC will give you good service at better than main dealer prices.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I second SD's post. www.accarsales.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

a service is a service , no matter where you go , if your worried about price , i do them for 35 quid a pop.

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I wouldn't trust you to service yourself S.I.R......

FFS

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rockafeller

Cool , thanks for the replies guys.

S.I.R wrote: »
    a service is a service , no matter where you go , if your worried about price , i do them for 35 quid a pop.

Thanks for the great input , stick me down for 2 will you ? You know, just in case you miss anything first time round

• Advertisement

I've heard good things from 2 friends with 3 series BMW's regarding AC Car Sales too. Seems to be their bread and butter business so I'm sure they'll do a good turn for you.

Gil

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

S.I.R wrote: »

You can service an E46 for €35? What exactly do you do for your €35? What oil do you use?

Baby oil and he'll throw in some elbow grease and finish with a good natural waxing... ;)

Advertisement