Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best RAL colour Alu-clad window

• 15-04-2008 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭

Lads and Lassies,

Need some help with this decision

I'm wondering how any of ye decided on the color of window you installed in your houses!

I'm getting an aluclad window, am going to varnish the pine finish on the inside but i have no idea what color to make them on the outside any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thinking of painting the house white in the finish and black PVC Soffit and fascia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm doing the same hopefully AluClad with Black Facia and Sofit and I'm going with Black colour windows on the external.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

Ya my builder wants me to go with black, but i am being told that it is very hard to match very many paint colors to the outside of the house with black!

I'm thinking a dark Grey myself!

What color are you going with on the inside Villian?

Just a light Stain on the inside keep the timber looking as natural as possible on the inside I have pictures of a house with Black facia and sofit and black windows at home, I'll email it to you tonight looks well imo, but its all personal choice really and I'm lucky in that I'm building on my own so I don't have a lady to keep happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭Jollyman

For fear my comment may be seen by the other half, ill refrain from commenting on that one!!! :D

Id appreciate it if you could send that through to me.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

hi
    I've alu-wood windows and went for a dark grey - RAL 7021 - which is black grey. originally i'd gone for 7016 - graphite grey (a military grey) - but thought it too industrrial. I've got a k-rend white plaster on the outside.

• Advertisement

Jollyman can't find that photo at the moment, I'll have another look later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 clarebuild

Hello,

We are currently trying to get quotes for alu clad sliding sash windows.

Any chance you could PM me the names and numbers of the suppliers you used as currently I can only find one supplier in Ireland (who are very expensive!).

Many Thanks!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Oakie

hi
    I've alu-wood windows and went for a dark grey - RAL 7021 - which is black grey. originally i'd gone for 7016 - graphite grey (a military grey) - but thought it too industrrial. I've got a k-rend white plaster on the outside.

Hi .......i too am thinking of going the alu clad windows in a new build that have just got permission for i have to use dark window frames as per planners.........any information re suppliers and glass type people have found effective would be great . love some feedback from anyone who has these windows in place and how they compare to a previous house with different windows good and bad please.will checkout the greys was thinking they may look industrial but your suggestion of dark grey sounds good and you seem happy with your decision...........

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gummibear

Hi all,
    lookin for advice on windows too. i know it is always said on here that PVC is the devil etc. why? not disagreeing just wondering why everyone says alu-clad and not PVC is the way to go. Apologies for my ignorance.:rolleyes: then i can start thinking about colours i guess:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

They look better than pvc, both externally and (especially internally).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭gummibear

Ok so its purely aestethics which is as good a reason as any!! good to know... and approx. what would the price difference be (%wise) between PVC and Timber or Alu-clad???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭dfcelt

Lookin into aluclad myself as i get budgets for my build.
    Some good info on this link for suppliers, price differences, comparisons against other types etc.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=56694

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

gummibear wrote: »
    Ok so its purely aestethics which is as good a reason as any!! good to know... and approx. what would the price difference be (%wise) between PVC and Timber or Alu-clad???:confused:

Doing a build at the moment and the alu-clad was twice the price of uPVC.
    So, I've gone plastic, and happy with the look - black with woodgrain effect.
    Spec is 4.20.2 argon filled

Advertisement