Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alu-clad replacement patio doors

Options
  • 15-04-2008 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I have old aluminium sliding patio doors. Want to replace them with alu-clad. Done some phoning around. Rationel windows seem to offer a suitable product and quoting about €500 per square metre. BUT...they do not REPLACE windows/patio doors themselves.

They have said they can supply a fitter. Does anyone have any experience with Rationel for replacement patio doors/windows, or who else should I try.

Ideally I would like either sliding doors or french doors with a friction brake system.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Katzi wrote: »
    I have old aluminium sliding patio doors. Want to replace them with alu-clad. Done some phoning around. Rationel windows seem to offer a suitable product and quoting about €500 per square metre. BUT...they do not REPLACE windows/patio doors themselves.

They have said they can supply a fitter. Does anyone have any experience with Rationel for replacement patio doors/windows, or who else should I try.

Ideally I would like either sliding doors or french doors with a friction brake system.

Thanks.
    their gear is v good: they have an agent in walkinstown and Bray AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

ircoha

thanks for that. So you think I would be OK getting someone they recommend to remove old patio doors and replace new ones. Any clue roughly how much I would have to pay for this? (Sorry clueless with regard to going rates!!)

their product certainly seems to fit what I am looking for.

Advertisement