Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro / Wireless

Options
  • 15-04-2008 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

What's the difference between these two? Metro is 3mb for €30, wireless is 512k for the same money. Their wireless FAQ page is not loading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Different technologies. Watty can give the specifics.

In my experience, Metro is more reliable. Pity about the totally cr@p caps that Digiweb enforce. Draconian, in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Digiweb Wireless is only available in a few locations too. I thought they were phasing this out now as well, replacing it with (the much better) Metro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks. Was wondering what was going on with the pricing. Wireless is about six times the price of metro. Is this because it's a last option?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Who knows. Maybe Digiweb are just pricing their "wireless" package out of the market because they would rather people buy Metro.

I would say Satellite, 3G then Dial up would be last resort to getting an internet connection.

Advertisement