Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car audio with Bluetooth?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a new audio headunit for the car, one that can connect to my iPod and one that has Bluetooth. I am kind of stumped as to where to start and what is a good brand, I was looking at the Pioneer DEH-P6000UB.

Anyone have any suggestions, where to buy and what to look out for?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

I bought myself one of these last year and i,m well pleased with it,i too have an ipod connected to it,i can also stream audio straight form my phone via blue tooth and if i use the sat nav on my phone then the directions come out through the car speakers.

http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/MEX-BT5100

There are cheaper sony blue tooth units out there too if you don't want to spend as much,i bought this one in the states so saved myself nearly 200 euro by doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi Tossy,

does it have an external mic?
    and is the fm frequency range from 88fm to 108fm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i've one of those sony hu s and they are great

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I have this one http://www.xplodsony.com/xplod/headunits/MEX-BT2600 (or one that looks very similar) and it is excellent. Not sure about mp3 player audio, but the phone bluetooth is excellent on it; very clear and a really good range. The one I have has an external mic.

I presume the radio range is 88-107fm (whatever a normal car stereo fm range is).

Check out Halfords and see what they have, then see if you can get the same model online cheaper! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

reason i ask is that if its an import the fm frequency range may not be like ours here 88 - 108fm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

US FM frequency range is the same as here (87.5-108 MHz) but it tunes in in steps of 0.2MHz on the odd frequencies only. So you can tune into 100.3 and 98.1 but not 104.4, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Yes the frequency goes up in odd steps but i can still get news talk,the only station i listen to,95% of the time in the car i listen to the ipod or tunes of the phone and the sound quality is perfect,the mic on mine is located behind the flip down facia but you don't have to flip it down to speak the quality of the hands free is superb both in terms of you hearing the caller and the caller hearing you.you can save your entire phonebook onto the stereo and navigating the numbers is pretty easy once you are used to it,you can also pre-program your six most dialed numbers into the the 1 to 6 radio station buttons so you just press call and the corresponding button twice and it dials which is a great feature!!

Anymore questions don't hesitate to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Just to say the bluetooth pioneer HU are not meant to be great, the only reason i say is because the "expert" who installed the parrot unit in my work vechile told me when i asked how much it would be for the pioneer unit for my GF car.

He said he can install but not reliable and he was asked to change few of them by unsatisfied customers.

I know i hate the whole friend of a friend stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Parrot kits themselves have their own problems, we had a good few back for new "brains".
    You'll always get stories like this, I'd imagine these plug and play headunits are taking a fair bit of business away from him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I have a blaupunkt radio from www.mp3-player.de. it has usb, bluetooth and can hook an ipod in

http://www.mp3-player.de/index.php?page=article&ID=5159

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

For intuitive iPod control Alpine leads the way but the bluetooth part will be a seperate box rather than an all in one unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Oh yeah the parrot kits have there problems, but from personal experiance i wouldnt get the nokia kit as its rubbish, so the parrott is all good.

Although colm mcm he supplies the plug and play units, halfords have taken business from him, he'll install what you ask but he's good honest tradesman! (for a change...)

He was just telling the info i asked about! I then asked about the parrott HU he said oh god they are even worse.

Id suggest the sony myself, anyway!

Advertisement