Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried out the new nforce 9.64 drivers yet?

• 15-04-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

XP

Vista 32

Vista 64

Doesn't seem to be a lot of news on these on the net. I usually wait a month after release to see if there are many horror stories but so far people seem to be either having no problems at all or experiencing BSODs and having to format and do a fresh install.

Just wondering if anyone has chanced them yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

cheers for the link. aint updated mine in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Same drivers that shipped with the 790i ultra mobo apparently and on XFX and EVGA's site for some time. Have had no issues.

Vista64 & 32
    Ethernet Driver (v67.76 w/ modified uninst) "WHQL"
    Network Management Tools (v67.77) "Sedona"
    SMBus Driver (v4.62) "WHQL"
    Installer (v5.70)
    SataRAID Driver (v9.99.09) "WHQL"
    SataIDE Driver (v9.99.09) "WHQL"
    RAIDTOOL Application (v9.99.09) "Sedona"
    SMU Driver (v1.31) "WHQL"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

On the subject of drivers was DirectX® 10. ever released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If you buy vista, yeah.
    There'll be a DX10 for XP.

Anyone running an NF4 with drivers newer than 6.86?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've had an issue before where I uninstalled the chipset drivers, did a restart then couldn't load back into windows. Had to do a Vista repair from the disc to get it to boot again. Just wondering if anyone has tried these new drivers and is experiencing better HDD/RAID performance?

I really don't want to have to do a fresh reinstall but my itchy update finger wants me try out these new drivers. RAID performance on the 680i is simply crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

had them with my 780i for a while now. no problems at all. And esa seems to have been speeded up a bit too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Nvidia's "unified" drivers are a complete mess at the moment, every motherboard has a different set, now the graphics card series are doing the same (geforce 9 is seperate to 8).

It's even worse given the fact that a lot of their older boards desperately need updated ide drivers to fix the data corruption issues.

Advertisement