Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo spec levels

Options
  • 15-04-2008 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Quick question, I'm looking at older model Mondeo 2.2 diesels, there's obviously the ST version but am wondering what's the hiercarchy of spec levels elsewhere in the range?

Is Titanium X the top spec or is it the Ghia X or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

ghia is but titanium is a interior spec i guess ,

ask the guys on everyfordireland.com , there bound to have the anser...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Titanium is generally higher spec than Ghia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

it goes LX - Zetec - Ghia - Titanium - ST as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

If your talking about UK spec cars Ghia/Titanium were the same price new.
    Ghia-X/Titanium-X also the same price.
    Titanium-X had 1/2 leather with alcantara inserts and 7 spoke polished alloys.
    Ghia-X had full leather , unique steering wheel and alloys.
    Nothing major between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Ghia is more luxurious. Titanium is sportier and has no fake wood. They were priced the same both here and in the UK. The X versions add more luxuries in both cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most Ghia model Mondeos here had full leather interiors whereas it seems to have been an optional extra on early Ghia models in the UK. Then again Cruise Control was standard on most UK spec Mondeo for years but only on Ghia models here.

If I was buying a 2.2 TDCi I'd go for the ST version. It looks very nice in the right colour and costs marginally more second hand than a Titanium X in the UK. I recently spotted a nice 2006 black ST TDCi on autotrader going for around the £11k mark. Those full leather recaro seats were nice along with the 170bhp and a nice amount of torque. Doubt it will be around in July though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

I had a Ghia X - Full leather and was top of the range over the Titanium. It had Heated and Cooling ivory leather sports seats, DVD player in the headrests, 18' wheels,Sony 6stack in dash, the works.
    I was a stunnin car and looked fab, HOWEVER, the ST is a better looking car on the outside - but does not have the interior, or kit of the Ghia X IMHO.

I also sourced and imported it from the UK, so any questions - just Pm me.
    Rgds,
    NIF

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Churchy

I had a Ghia X - Full leather and was top of the range over the Titanium. It had Heated and Cooling ivory leather sports seats, DVD player in the headrests, 18' wheels,Sony 6stack in dash, the works.
    I was a stunnin car and looked fab, HOWEVER, the ST is a better looking car on the outside - but does not have the interior, or kit of the Ghia X IMHO.

I also sourced and imported it from the UK, so any questions - just Pm me.
    Rgds,
    NIF

DvD Multimedia and 18" alloys were options on the car , so not all Ghia-X will have them.
    Sounds like a nice spec you got there NiceIrish :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Hi Churchy,

Thanx, sold it in favor of a Bm530D........but the DVD and 18's were standard on 3 Ghia X's I viewed in the uk at the time of purchase....not saying you are wrong tho'.
    I will say that the 18' were and are totally unsuited to irish roads............shuck the car to bits and ruined the ride.

Advertisement