Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

show them the design?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

do i have to make an appointment first, to discuss the tattoo and show it to the artist or is it ok for them to see it for the first time just before they do it?
    it's a fairly small and simple design

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

just walk in to a studio, tell em you want a tattoo and that you've a design already drawn. they should be more than helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

What if you know what you want but can NOT draw for your life?
    D:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

scribble, then take it to an artist who will draw it out properly for you, under your guideliens. most of the ones ive come across hav been only too obliging.

Hmm, se i could do that if it was small, but im talking about sleaves like.

would they sketch with me if i just said what i wanted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Depends on the artist. Some like to do the sleeve in seperate large pieces then join it up with background after and others like to have the whole thing drawn out beforehand. Any decent tattoo artist will sit down and work out something your both happy with and show you plenty of sketches etc.

• Advertisement

hmm, sounds alright!
    it'll be a long time before i get money to do it though and id feel bad going in taking all that time then not starting it that day, but i wana get the sketch noooow!! >.<

ohh well

im currently in the process of emailing, and contacting my tattooist via snail mail to sort out the sketch for my sleeve! it more than likely wont happen for at least a year, but a sleeve is a big commitment, let alone the finances, and i want to be 110% happy with the design before it gets inked on me.

go in and chat with your artist, should be alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

im currently in the process of emailing, and contacting my tattooist via snail mail to sort out the sketch for my sleeve! it more than likely wont happen for at least a year, but a sleeve is a big commitment, let alone the finances, and i want to be 110% happy with the design before it gets inked on me.

go in and chat with your artist, should be alright :)

excitement!! who you getting to do it ni? more importantly....what you getting? :D

ive plans for a sleeve too...mentioned it to john the day i went in to get my chest started :p

oh and sassy cut all his hair off! he should get the pink mohawk back, that was legend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What kinda sleeve are you thinking of Ni? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

shirt:p

• Advertisement

-_-
    Not funny Davey

I thought it was pretty funny!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

-_-
    Not funny Davey
    sorry damo he he he :p

ill show you the exact picture next time i see you online man (jeez, ever turn msn on anymore? :P), but it's a kinda celtic fantasy piece based around the children of lir story. few elements i want to get in there, was contemplating some ogham on a standing stone, but not so sure i could get it to work, some celtic knotwork, which the dude im getting to do it is pretty good at, and with some particular emphasis on the lake at the bottom, which is gonna have to fade out towards the wrist for work and stuff, and a really stormy atmospheric sky. some script in there too, not sure where yet though. i've gotta sit down this weekend and write it all out, with pictures and arrows and stuff.
    Cherryvega wrote: »
    excitement!! who you getting to do it ni? more importantly....what you getting? :D

ive plans for a sleeve too...mentioned it to john the day i went in to get my chest started :p

oh and sassy cut all his hair off! he should get the pink mohawk back, that was legend :)

im getting a guy up on the north island, gene of vision tattoo to do it for me. saw him at a tattoo expo in feb, i think it was, and he had some awesome celtic knotwork, and fantasy style women, and weather elements, all of which i want incorporated into the piece. he's a sound out dude too, and seems to be on the same general page as me when im talking to him about this.

alright, your sleeve details pls :D

and weird, thinkin of sassy loads this week, keep meaning to text him, now htat you've mentioned him, i gotta text him :)

ill show you the exact picture next time i see you online man (jeez, ever turn msn on anymore? :P), but it's a kinda celtic fantasy piece based around the children of lir story. few elements i want to get in there, was contemplating some ogham on a standing stone, but not so sure i could get it to work, some celtic knotwork, which the dude im getting to do it is pretty good at, and with some particular emphasis on the lake at the bottom, which is gonna have to fade out towards the wrist for work and stuff, and a really stormy atmospheric sky. some script in there too, not sure where yet though. i've gotta sit down this weekend and write it all out, with pictures and arrows and stuff.

Sounds great!!! :D Dont be online at home all that much anymore, it's having the free time to do so!!!
    When I do, it tends to be kinda rushed, so I don't usually sign into MSN as I don't have the time to sit chattin on it :(
    Like the Children of Lir idea though, I can see that being really cool, but are you having a combination of celtic knotwork and fantasy? Is it gonna be all black or colour?

it's gonna be colourful. really strong colours, quite dramatic i hope. or, as one friend i showed the design to said... 'epic' :D haha, im dead excited about it, not sure where teh knotwork is going yet, quite possibly twill only be around the script... which i think till be top of the shoulder above/in the whole picture. the idea started out as kinda lots of images connected, but separate, and is turning into kinda one big picture wrapped around my arm.

actually, will PM you the pic im working from...

Got it and replied! :)

Looks good to me, can't yet see how it'll stretch to a full sleeve though...

which is why im talking so much to the tattooist. i've got a vague idea, but the central image is definitely staying. after that, i'd trust him to put something together. and the plan is for her cape to wrap around my arm, btw, didnt get round to rpelying properly and off to bed now...

Definately sounds better, so long as he doesn't start doing stars and lightening bolts to represent her magic... ;)
    Keep us posted! :)

he's done a few impressive celtic pieces already, one around what im pretty sure has to be the eye of Balor, which was just awesome. he doesnt have it posted on his website, or id link ya, but he did the atmospheric thing so awesomely there. and the pic isnt as big as the link i gave ya, that's just taking a photo on my phone, it's a bit smaller than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement