Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test Tomorrow!

Options
  • 15-04-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

So the day is finally approaching and I've got one or two questions I'm hoping I can get some answers for:

Coming out of my parking space, should I indicate?
    What type of questions do they ask you about the signs? From other peoples posts I can see that they ask about junction boxes, and overtaking on the left. But what about road signs?

Will update this thread if I think of anymore between now and tomorrow morning!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

From memory ... I indicated when I was coming out of the parking space starting my test. I was parked to the left of the exit so it was a turn right out of the space and then a left turn out of the centre if you get my drift.
    I indicated both turns, nothing was said and I passed.

Then for signs ... I had to explain the signs for: Clearway, No Right/Left Turn, Series of Dangerous Bends, Dangerous Corner to the left/right, Dangerous Bend to the left/right and I think Mini Roundabout Ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Can't seem to find anything about the Clearway sign in the Rules of the Road.

EDIT: Found it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Padestrian Zone sign can be a tricky one, they asked me that one....they also asked me about the zebra crossing, when it is dark how do you know you are aproaching a zebra crossing, also when and when not to use head lights...i.e. they show the picuture of the couple walking along the road....with someone who has headlights on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I passed! They asked me the clearway sign (cheers Saint Mel) and the pedestrian zone, also dangerous corners ahead. Overall I'm absolutely delighted and I'm not insured on my Golf!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

If you're properly prepared, know the rules and regulations, and are fit to own a full license, then there's nothing they can ask you to do or perform that you won't be able to do.

3 friends of mine had it in the last 2 weeks, all of them failed. They were under the impression that they would just be more lenient and pass practically anyone because of the law with regard to non-full license drivers changing imminently... how wrong were they!

Good luck

Advertisement