Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Long wait for Registration cert?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a used car from a car dealer 4 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to get the vehicle registration certificate... Rang the vehicle registration office in Shannon a couple of weeks ago and they said they had a bit of a backlog. I;ve been trying to ring again for the last couple of days but I have been left on hold for a ridiculous amount of time without even getting to talk to anyone... dreading getting my phone bill this month.

Has anyone else been experiencing a long wait like this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They always seem to have "a bit of a backlog". Any time I've changed my car I've had to wait for a minimum of 3 weeks and in one case about 2 months before I got the new cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

seems like plenty of people have had the same problem, some have been waiting over 2 months!

http://www.dtdirl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22278

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Thanks guys,

I just afraid of getting stopped for having no tax.. and I can't get the NCT done either without the cert.

I presume any Garda will know about this if its such a common problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

It is common, it always takes about 4 weeks. We got one through on Friday 11th for a car bought on March 2nd !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What I do is (if i bought the car from a dealer) keep a copy of their SIMI sales document thing (technical term :pac:) in the glove box. It was enough to make one tax checkpoint let me go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement