Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housemate requirements?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all.

Currently renting a single room in a house with two others. One is moving out, so I'm getting her double en-suite :D Wahey!

However, we have to get someone for the single room. Its my first time being in the position of getting a housemate, so what are the key things to look for? I'm 21, and the remaining housemate (Delilah, she shall be called! lol) is around 28, and smokes.

Also, would it be awful (or worse, illegal!) for us to up the new tenants rent and lower our own? A friend suggested it to me.

Any advice would be terrific. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

You just want to make sure that the person you are getting is compatible. Even still its a bit of a lottery how you will get on in 6 months time.

You can rent out the room any price you like if you are subletting and the landlord just wants the full rent every month.
    One thing I would say is if the new tenant finds out that they are paying a bit above the odds in comparison to the rest of the house expect a bit of friction.

Advertisement