Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening an offshore $$ account

Options
  • 15-04-2008 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been trying to open up a $$ denominated current account with both AIB and BOI for the past few weeks and they both keep dicking me around and being unhelpful so I'm starting to look into alternatives

I guess Switzerland or the Caribbean are the most obvious, any one have experience of opening such account and know the charges / requirements for opening?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Make sure you declare it to Revenue to ensure compliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

valor wrote: »
    Hi, I've been trying to open up a $$ denominated current account with both AIB and BOI for the past few weeks and they both keep dicking me around and being unhelpful so I'm starting to look into alternatives

I guess Switzerland or the Caribbean are the most obvious, any one have experience of opening such account and know the charges / requirements for opening?

Thanks

Contact Global Markets directly - http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/capital_markets/contact/index.html#doclink2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

No one has any experience of opening an account in a Swiss bank?

Advertisement