Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy halal in Dublin?

• 15-04-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

I got married to a lovely Malaysian girl 2 weeks ago. While we both are Catholic, some of my wife's friends & extended family are Muslim and they are coming to visit here. Any tips/pointers on getting halal meet? I'm not going to go go completely out of the way (no car) but if there are any places in the Dublin CC or N. Kildare I'd be happy to buy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There are a few different place you can get Halal meat in Dublin.

There are several butchers near Harold Cross / Upper/Lower Clanbrassil st area. You could try there.

There is this place Madina on Parnell st:
    Madina Retail

then there is this place on Mary st:
    Asian Food Co.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Ta wes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hero Of College

My directions are very scant, but at the bottom of the adelaide road {a bit down from the Prudential building and thru the lights} there used be a Halal shop. I haven't been there since 2000 but it might still be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

there is one on Thomas Street called "Saray Mehran" though i've not been there for years...

i think the one Hero_Of_College mentioned is on Richmond Street...

as i live in north city, i normally shop in Asian Food Co which i find it is clean, friendly and have plenty of supplies...

Advertisement