Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granite Worktops

Options
  • 15-04-2008 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi There

We are hoping to put a granite worktop in our kitchen - do any of you know where we could buy good quality granite and quality price? Pref in Wexford, Waterford, Kilkenny or Tipperary Region..... Thanks a mil for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

are you in the Wexford area?, there is a granite place just outside Kilmuckridge on the road to Wells post office, Wells Granite, www.wellsgranite.ie, they do worktops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Teachnua

Thanks for that Camper Man - ill give them a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

hi - PM me and I'll give you the name of our supplier. Keen price and excellent fitters.

BTW - make sure you specify that you want the granite in one piece with no joins and be clear if you want grooves, cutouts. Some places quote for multiple smaller pieces and join it, they'll then try and fob you off with rubbish like "sure you need to join it around the hob or it'll break".

SSE

PS I don't know who it is, have to ask SWMBO

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

We built last year and were looking at the granite counters for the kitchen. But we went for quartz instead which was a fraction of the price. And we are delighted with it. Came, measured and came back & installed. No hassle.

We got it from a company in Limerick called Pennywell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement