Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jalapeño peppers

Options
  • 15-04-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

I think I'm addicted to Jalapeño peppers. I ate a jar of them last week and then bought another jar which I ate in 3 days. I didn't get anymore but find myself wanting to get some.
    I know that they can't be too bad for you, but would eating them on a regular basis be bad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

They're just pickled peppers. They're really low in calories, quite high in potassium and vitamin C. I'd say there's no harm in them.

Of course though, with anything, it's probably better to go with moderation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Wow, how do you eat a jar of jalapenos? Even if I got the smallest bit of one in what I was eating my mouth would be on fire for an hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just one thing about Jalepenos...

Hot going in, hot coming out :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Im currently loving a slice of low fat chedder cheese with jalapeno peppers as a savoury snack.Yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Oh - I bought a jar of whole jalepenos in Aldi there a few weeks back. Taste great - not that hot though.

AND you can get catering sized tins in that Mexican place in the Epicurean. You should try different brands, Old El Paso are pedestrian compared to others!

• Advertisement
Advertisement