Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flaxseed

• 15-04-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

Ive started to intruduce Flaxseed into my diet as ive heard its excellent for you.

Is it??? and how do you eat yours?!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Yes, it's an excellent vegetarian source of Omega 3, and has lots of soluble fibre, all good stuff.

If you buy whole flaxseeds (much cheaper), then grind it by throwing it into your blender and blitzing it for a few minutes, until it looks a bit like brown flour. Once it's ground, keep it in the fridge.

You can add it to porridge, or to whey shakes or smoothies or you can cook with it.

Flaxbread
    70g flaxmeal
    2 eggs
    1 tbs olive oil
    1/2 tsp baking powder.
    Optional: 2 tsp cocoa powder, and sweetener to taste

Mix everything to a wet dough, then pour into a silicon or well greased bread tin, or muffin moulds.
    Bake in a pre-heated oven for 16-18 minutes at 200C or gas 6.
    It's done when a toothpick comes out clean.

My daughter is allergic to wheat and dairy, and makes this for her school lunch most days. It's very easy. Not low cal, so cut the slices thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I've recently discovered milled flax and I love it! I lash it on my porridge and in various other things.

Great recipe Eileen, do you only need 70g of milled flax? It seems very little for a loaf of bread, or is it a small loaf / muffin size amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I use 70 or 75g. That seems to be enough. It comes out a bit like a moist flatbread. It doesn't rise like wheat bread (nothing does). My kids call it their chocolate cake.

Advertisement