Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OU :How well respected by employers

Options
  • 15-04-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I was wondering how perspective employers view the OU courses as oposed to someone who attends the usual IT or UNI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've never encountered any negativity - mostly queries about how I managed to cope with it all while working etc.

I think there is a more imagined aprehension on the behalf of people about this issue than there is with employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Dumplin wrote: »
    I was wondering how perspective employers view the OU courses as oposed to someone who attends the usual IT or UNI?
    OU Grad here. People with part-time/distance learning qualifications show commitment to a project which employers know will transfer to work. People have reasons for not going to College after school, could be financial. You can profitably use up commutes (in the bus etc) on study. Its worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Nothing but positive reactions IME. It shows youre good at time management and hard work. Also the OU is rated one of the top universities in the UK (in the top 5 I think?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i'm a bit confused about taking OU courses in Ireland. How exactly does the examination work? Do i have to fly to england?

Sorry if my questions sound silly but it just said on there website that a venue will be choose at the examination period.

EDIT: I'm looking to go into the Business Management course.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There will generally be at least one, if not more, exam centres within Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i'm a bit confused about taking OU courses in Ireland. How exactly does the examination work? Do i have to fly to england?

Sorry if my questions sound silly but it just said on there website that a venue will be choose at the examination period.

EDIT: I'm looking to go into the Business Management course.

yes everything including any tutorials you have will be in the catchment area that you specify is nearest you...ie i am in south dublin so i specified there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

OU have a big push on in Ireland at the moment. Just had their qualifications recognaised by HETAC so looks good.

Advertisement