Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lilt.......a taste of the tropics!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Lilt is good but Lilt Zero is where it's at, much nicer taste from it. They don't seem to sell it in Ireland though so hard to track down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

JohnK wrote: »
    Lilt is good but Lilt Zero is where it's at, much nicer taste from it. They don't seem to sell it in Ireland though so hard to track down.

Ah yes the lovely taste of (even more) aftifical Sweeteners (Aspartame, Acesulfame K), than the regular one.

It claims real fruit juices, but this is infact 'juices from concentrate', thus lacking fibre and highly processed. If it's carbonated, your bones won't thank you later in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Were you force-fed Lilt as a child?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I haven't had a lilt since they changed it to half sweetners half sugar :(

Need to find an all sugar replacement

Were you force-fed Lilt as a child?

Nope, simply can't see the point of paying good money for this rubbish:

Carbonated Water (likely mains water with the minimum of filtering), Fruit Juices from Concentrate 5% (Pineapple, Grapefruit), Sugar, Citric Acid, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Aspartame, Sodium Saccharin), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Flavourings, Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Guar Gum, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins), Colour (Carotenes). Phenylalanine.

You can produce 5-stage filtered water with an actual 20% dash of real (non-concentrate) fruit juices, and no added nasties, for less than 1/10th the price. And it'll do you much better.

Or for equal spend on e.g. 'Bioglan Supergreens' (other similar brands available) will give you near immediate energy boosts, and significant benefits in the longer-term.

This is the defination of a 'nutritional, refreshing drink: '5 a day in one serving'.

Organic Spirulina, Organic Apple Powder, Organic Chlorella Powder, Organic Alfalfa Powder, Organic Wheat grass, Barley Powder, Brocolli Powder, Carca Papaya, Rice Bran Powder, Beetroot Powder, Carrot Powder, Spinach Powder, Rose Hips Fruit Extract, Pineapple Powder, Acai Extract, Kale Extract, Blueberry Extract, Blackberry Extract, Acerola (Barbados Cherry), Liquorice Powder, Camu Camu Extract, Chia Extract Powder, Kelp Powder, Goji Fruit Extract, Hawthorne Leaf & Flower Extract, Bilberry Fruit Extract, Citrus Bioflavonoids Extract, Citric Acid, R,S Alpha Lipoic Acid, Reservatrol, ****ake Mushroom Powder, Reiishi Mushroom Powder, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Cocoa Bean Polyphenol Extract, Co – Enzyme Q10, Beta Glucan 80%, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Astragalus Root Extract, Ashwagandha Root Extract, Siberian Ginseng Root Extract, Grapeseed Extract, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Calcium Citrate, Potassium phosphate, Magnesium Citrate Anhydrous, Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopherol Acid), Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Phosphate, Pro-Vitamin A (Beta-Carotine), Silica Colloidal – Anhydrous, Vitamin B3 (Nicotinic Acid), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin B5 (Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridioxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Nicotinamide), Vitamin D2 (Equiv. Ergocalciferol), Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid), Vitamin B7 (Biotin), Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Chromium Nicotinate, Copper Gluconate, Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin), Selenium (As Selenomethionine), Lecithin, Inulin, Flaxseed Powder, Bromelain, Cellulose Microcrystalline, Slippery Elm Powder, Globe Artichoke Extract, Ginger (Extract), Clove Extract, Gotu Kola, Dandelion Root Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Bifidobacterium Bifidum, Lactobacillius Acidophillius, Milk Thistle Seed Extract, Pea Protein Isolate, Natural Vanilla Extract, Natural Mixed Super Berry Flavour, Stevia (natural).

Phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

When I was a kid I was told that drinking Lilt would cause bugs to manifest in your stomach, whereby they would eat away the lining. Surprisingly I didn't fancy one after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can produce 5-stage filtered water
    With all your dubious OTT pontification I thought it was the pope that signed up.

But now I see you laughably endorse a mere 5 stage filtering -so I am certain it's a windup.

FFS, you must be having a laugh, who in their right mind would poison themselves with anything less than 9 stage filtered water...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

pebblesjm wrote: »
    I've just been reminising with some buddies about the good old days and one piont that stood out is that Lilt is no way as popular now as it used to be or it doesn't seem so nehoo!

We were split half and half over this issue, either lovong it still or consigning it to the past, so what do ye think....
    is it too retro and tacky (as some said..grrrrr!!) or does it bring the sound of rolling waves to your ears?:cool:.................you can prob guess which side of the fence I'm sitting on:p

Vile

Could have put up wallpaper with it

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

When I was a kid I was told that drinking Lilt would cause bugs to manifest in your stomach, whereby they would eat away the lining. Surprisingly I didn't fancy one after that.

Pfft Lilt is so acidic it would liquify any bugs. If you spill some it's like that scene in Alien, it eats through metal.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

I'm not at all a drinker of soft drinks but I was always a fan of Lilt because it wasn't anywhere near as fizzy as other soft drinks. I despise 7UP for that reason, I don't touch Coke because I'm sensitive to caffeine and Club orange comes under the too fizzy label.
    But, I haven't seen Lilt for a while now, but this thread has given me a taste for it again :) Thanks OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Deagol wrote:
    Thanks OP

Considering they posted 10 years ago it's doubtful they'll see your thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Nope, simply can't see the point of paying good money for this rubbish:

Carbonated Water (likely mains water with the minimum of filtering), Fruit Juices from Concentrate 5% (Pineapple, Grapefruit), Sugar, Citric Acid, Antioxidant (Ascorbic Acid), Sweeteners (Acesulfame K, Aspartame, Sodium Saccharin), Preservative (Potassium Sorbate), Flavourings, Stabilisers (Acacia Gum, Guar Gum, Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Glycerol Esters of Wood Rosins), Colour (Carotenes). Phenylalanine.

You can produce 5-stage filtered water with an actual 20% dash of real (non-concentrate) fruit juices, and no added nasties, for less than 1/10th the price. And it'll do you much better.

Have you considered almost no one worries about Aspartame.

megaten wrote: »
    Have you considered almost no one worries about Aspartame.

Have you considered most people care not to pay good money on bottles of coloured phiss void of any nutrition, laced with the synthetic sweeteners (Acesulfame K{E950} & Aspartame).

For every study praising Ace-K (x200 sweeter than sugar), there is probably as many expressing concern.

Currently banned in New Zealand, Indonesia and South Africa and two US states: Hawaii & New Mexico.

Does it not carry a phenylalanine that has been synthetically modified to carry a methyl group? Methanol, of course a danger to humans, and type of alcohol that is metabolised into that fun neurotoxin: formaldehyde.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: Right, this is the Food forum, not the diet and nutrition forum, nor the health sciences forum. I think there’s been more than enough discussion of the ingredients and nutritional content of lilt. Accumulator, if you think you’ll struggle to avoid that narrative, consider refraining from posting on this thread again.

Advertisement